Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

26 year wait - Utah elk hunt

A Beaver local that had the archery permit. It takes a village.

Lots of footage of the big bull I tried for opening AM - and brief footage of the live bull I just posted the trailcam pic above. I never did see this one he ended up with.
Thumbs downed the vid, thanks for sharing.

ChatGPT:
There could be a few reasons why somebody from Montana might choose to travel to southern Utah to bowhunt elk in the Tushar Mountains in a unit known as Beaver East. One possible reason could be that the Tushar Mountains unit has a reputation for having a high elk population and quality hunting opportunities. Another reason could be that the terrain and environment in the Tushar Mountains unit offer a challenging and thrilling hunting experience that the bowhunter is seeking. Additionally, the bowhunter might have connections or resources in southern Utah that make it easier or more convenient for them to hunt in that area. Ultimately, each hunter has their own motivations and preferences when it comes to choosing where to hunt.

The downside for a hunter to share or advertise a good hunting location is that it could lead to increased competition and potential overcrowding in that area. This can result in decreased hunting success rates and overall satisfaction for the hunter. The fallout of sharing a good hunting location could also be negative impacts on the local wildlife population, as an increase in hunting pressure can disrupt natural behavior and potentially harm animal populations.

A hunter may knowingly share a hunting location for a variety of reasons. They may want to connect with other hunters and build a sense of community, or they may simply enjoy sharing their knowledge and experiences with others. Additionally, some hunters may share locations as a form of reciprocity, expecting that others will share their own hunting locations in return. Ultimately, it depends on the individual hunter's motivations and priorities.
IMG_7098.jpeg

Back