Caribou Gear Tarp

.257 Wthby - success!

Calif Hunter--you definitely can't complain about that load....

Man, if he had a nickle for every time he's heard that......

:D :D :D

Update: Picked up my .257 Wby Vanguard Deluxe yesterday -and man- I don't deserve such a good-lookin' rifle considering how much I thrash them around. Noticed that the barrel wasn't freefloated -which I don't mind at all- because I'm not going to change anything as far as the barrel channel is concerned until after I cook up some handloads and see what she'll do. If she doesn't shoot up to par, I'll grab the file, dowel and sandpaper and hog out a freefloated barrel channel.
I had to @#)(# the striker in order to get the bolt into the reciever -that was a little wierd. Action screws were hardly tourqued down at all. Varmintcaller & Calif. Hunter... you were both correct: What a wierd trigger!! You could hang someone by the neck off that trigger all day long and it wouldn't trip the sear -oh yeah- also add a couple of feet of rope to take up the slack too!! Luckly I have Frank De Hass's book: Bolt Action Rifles and it told me how to adjust the trigger. Now the trigger breaks crisply (around 4 lbs) just like the rest of my hunting rifles, but with just a touch of creep.
Noticed that the recoil lug has epoxy bedding material in the stock from the factory. Leupold Rem 700 bases and Low (?) .650 rings will hopefully keep an ancient V-X3 in position. Let ya know how she shoots later. PS: Looky dere.. 100 Posts. Dave

Back