Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Old bullet's

Don Fischer

Have a bunch of ole Herter bullet's and decided to try a few. Y+Treid some 30 cal and 25 cal year's ago and wasn't impressed. Had some, I think they were 52 gr 224 cal bullet's, tried them in a friedns 22-250 and they shot pretty good. Shot some 85 gr semi point's in my 243 today and last two groups didn't do that bad. 1.4" and 1.1" at 100yds. I have a very old box of Hornady spire points and these things look just like them! Actuallt pretty ugly bullet's, both of them. Doing nothing this afternoon I got out some of the Herter 85gr bullet's and weighed them. Wow, lightesy was 84.3grs and heaviest 86.4 grs. Maybe that's why the shoot the way they do! Weighted a couple box
s of 100gr Herter's also and pretty much the same deal. I separated out bullet's that wenr=t from one gr under to one over with the 85 gr and gonna try them again. with the 100gr I ended up going 0ne gr under 100.5 grs to ome gr over. Gonna try them one of thes days. Kinda of fun to fool with but Don't think I'll make a habit of it! Got a lot of the Herter in 257 dia and would probab;y use them in a pinch next time bullet's get hard to get. With the 25 caal Herter and Hornady bullet's I have an easy life time supply with bunch left over when I check out. Used to have some 30 cal Herter's bullet's. Seems I let my son have some and he says they don't shoot for diddly! Also a guy here in town I didn't care for got me to load for his 30-06. 180's and didn't shoot even well to alright but, I looked down his barrel and that was the mosy God awful dirty barrel I have ever seen. Take a month the clean the garbage out of it! But have to give him credit, he killed a deer with in in just four shots!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back