Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2024 Colorado Statewide Sheep, Mountain Goat, and Pronghorn Raffles

I'm in, and picked up a RMBS tee shirt as well. On their website I noticed their annual gathering in May, in River City (Grand Junction CO). Might make that trip and visit my old stomping grounds.

I'm in, and picked up a RMBS tee shirt as well. On their website I noticed their annual gathering in May, in River City (Grand Junction CO). Might make that trip and visit my old stomping grounds.
We’re in Loveland this year! GJ was last year, sorry for the confusion.

The 2024 raffles are live here!

The 2024 raffles are finally available at the link above. We of course have the Colorado statewide bighorn sheep, mountain goat, and pronghorn raffle licenses again.

There are a few new changes this year. We are offering 12x42 NL Pure in the Swarovski raffles. There are 300 tickets sold for each one, then we start a new raffle.

Kevin Weaver, who built our raffle rifles for us for nearly 20 years has retired. This year we have two sweet rifles from a couple of gun builders you probably know.

The first rifle was built by Van Franke at Plains Precision Firearms. It's a 6.5 PRC, and its a shooter! I think it weighs about 6.7 pounds all in.

View attachment 314366

View attachment 314367
View attachment 314368
View attachment 314369

The second rifle is a 7mm PRC and was built by Fritz Ahlquist at Black Canyon Customs. What a great looking rifle.

View attachment 314364
View attachment 314365

If you have any questions, please don't ask. Just buy tickets. ;)

*Thank you to @Big Fin for letting me use his platform to promote the raffles.

Didnt know Kevin retired, good for him.

Kind of broke the first rule of fundraising / non profits and didn't include a call to action...

If you click here, you'll be taken directly to our donation page on our website. Click donate, select "allotment retirement fund" from the drop down and consider covering the fees for us if you're feeling extra generous.

100% of these funds will be restricted to use for future allotment retirement buyouts. @Oak is already knocking on doors!

Link also here: https://www.bighornsheep.org/donate/

In the spirit of getting another deal done... if you'd like to go beyond donating via a raffle tag, please reach out to either @Oak or myself and we can share the details of our allotment retirement fund.
I'll match the first 20 Hunt Talkers donating $25 to that allotment retirement fund. Just tell @Oak or @MtnElk that you're a Hunt Talker and they can invoice me for the match.

I'll match the first 20 Hunt Talkers donating $25 to that allotment retirement fund. Just tell @Oak or @MtnElk that you're a Hunt Talker and they can invoice me for the match.
Thanks Randy!

Feel free to DM me on here with a screenshot of your donation or there is any area during the checkout process for you to leave a note and you can drop in your HT handle or just write hunt talk. Up to you!

(make sure to select Allotment Retirement from the drop down)

Let’s get this $500 match!

Last edited:
Just threw down another $50 to be matched and noted it in the order details.

Back