MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2023 Wyoming Unit 5 Sheep tag

I would rather scout 19 days and be done on the opener than hunt 20 days to find the right ram.

I scouted 15 full days and a bunch of partial days and tagged out on the 9th day of my UT ram hunt.

My Nevada ram I did 2 in the summer, showed up 9 days before and shot my ram out of the bed I left him in the night before.

Now the most important part. The thanks to everyone that helped. CCC23454 from Hunttalk gave me information that I used to focus on two certain areas. It assisted me in staying away from the more heavily hunted areas. In fact, I saw only one other sheep hunter in 17 days of scouting and hunting. it was in the parking lot. CCC23454 THANK YOU. Bart the biologist lent me info combined with CCC23454’s info that turned out to be spot on.

You all kept me going and inspired. Being referred to as “Bat Shit” I couldn’t possibly fail. Right?😂

My wife went on the initial trips as I learned the area. She endured the constant report of GRIZ sightings. Over 30 in total. And her patience as this pretty much consumed me Since early May. I had at least 20 more days on the mountain planned if necessary with help lined up on those dates. That’s an understanding spouse.

My two friends Richard and Layne that were there for either scouting or the hunt or both. With the bear situation there is no way I could have done this alone. Two great partners to have in the field.

The mountain was kind to me and I feel like my hunting mug is overflowing. Right now I don’t know how I could possibly have an adventure that tops this. Maybe or maybe not. Regardless I’m extremely grateful for this one.

Footnote. A few weeks ago they did an aerial survey for Grizzly bears in PART of Sheep Unit 5. They expected to see 90 bears in a 120 minute flight. They saw 104 bear in a 105 minute flight. That didn’t include ALL of Unit 5.
Like I said before congrats on a great ram! That country ain't for sidewalk Sissy's, so way to get it done. Some amazing country up there, glad you got to safely enjoy it.

I would rather scout 19 days and be done on the opener than hunt 20 days to find the right ram.

I scouted 15 full days and a bunch of partial days and tagged out on the 9th day of my UT ram hunt.

My Nevada ram I did 2 in the summer, showed up 9 days before and shot my ram out of the bed I left him in the night before.
For sure extended scouting makes a hunt way more pleasurable. I scouted 18 days before my desert sheep hunt and shot my ram on the third day of the hunt.

I was envious reading this hunt. I killed my sheep this year on day 19 of a 20 day season, I was sweating bullets thinking it may not happen.
There were many, many times i fore saw me in those mountains the last week of October with my tag in my pocket. That would have been okay. But it’s nice to have some sheep meat in the freezer

There were many, many times i fore saw me in those mountains the last week of October with my tag in my pocket. That would have been okay. But it’s nice to have some sheep meat in the freezer
Me too, funny thing is I’m making sheep roast for dinner. I never felt that kind of pressure to get an animal but I knew this would most likely be my only chance to hunt a bighorn. Such a cool animal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back