Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2023 Wyoming Unit 5 Sheep tag

I drew Unit 5 Wyoming sheep tag. I will scout quite a bit but could use any info anyone might be willing to give. I will not have access to the Wilderness or horses. I know, I know, I’m a fool. Get past that and if you can help I appreciate it.
I'll be crossing my fingers for you. I hope you have a great sheep hunt.

I know a guy that works with a guy that drew this tag this year first year applying as a resident

Congratulations poormanslam.
There is nothing better than having a sheep tag in your pocket and it's always an adventure.
That said, I know a NR from last year who tried DIY and never saw a mature ram outside the wilderness. I think the bears also gave him a pretty good scare but it sounds like you are going in with both eyes open. I also know a guy who did get it done on his own, but it came down to the last week. No pressure, right? :)
Anyway, best of luck. We will be pulling for you.

Congratulations poormanslam.
There is nothing better than having a sheep tag in your pocket and it's always an adventure.
That said, I know a NR from last year who tried DIY and never saw a mature ram outside the wilderness. I think the bears also gave him a pretty good scare but it sounds like you are going in with both eyes open. I also know a guy who did get it done on his own, but it came down to the last week. No pressure, right? :)
Anyway, best of luck. We will be pulling for you.
TY. I know the odds are dramatically stacked against me but I was at a crossroads. Wy changed their tag allocations and waiting for an “easier” unit just didn’t seem to be a possibility. I decided having a sheep tag is better than not having one. I’m old and retired with time on my hands so I will put in a bunch of time and savor the adventure. It’s more than likely my last sheep hunt.

PLEASE CONTACT ME. I hunt in October, early and late. I can help! I would LOVE tohelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha I just saw where you were from, 99% sure we already talked! GOOD LUCK!

You dont need a guide or horses for 5, but you will need a pair of brass ones and to be in shape. Huge unit but not super rough, lots of good trails bisecting it. Long season to let you cover them. Elk would be tough due to the extra pounds of meat/trips required. A couple llamas or a strong yet dumb friend would certainly help. Gorgeous stuff in there, soak it in.

Good genetics and age if you are patient or lucky. Go early and stay late. Cover a lot of ground, if you are exhausted cover more.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back