2023 Wyoming Unit 5 Sheep tag

Now the most important part. The thanks to everyone that helped. CCC23454 from Hunttalk gave me information that I used to focus on two certain areas. It assisted me in staying away from the more heavily hunted areas. In fact, I saw only one other sheep hunter in 17 days of scouting and hunting. it was in the parking lot. CCC23454 THANK YOU. Bart the biologist lent me info combined with CCC23454’s info that turned out to be spot on.

You all kept me going and inspired. Being referred to as “Bat Shit” I couldn’t possibly fail. Right?😂

My wife went on the initial trips as I learned the area. She endured the constant report of GRIZ sightings. Over 30 in total. And her patience as this pretty much consumed me Since early May. I had at least 20 more days on the mountain planned if necessary with help lined up on those dates. That’s an understanding spouse.

My two friends Richard and Layne that were there for either scouting or the hunt or both. With the bear situation there is no way I could have done this alone. Two great partners to have in the field.

The mountain was kind to me and I feel like my hunting mug is overflowing. Right now I don’t know how I could possibly have an adventure that tops this. Maybe or maybe not. Regardless I’m extremely grateful for this one.

Footnote. A few weeks ago they did an aerial survey for Grizzly bears in PART of Sheep Unit 5. They expected to see 90 bears in a 120 minute flight. They saw 104 bear in a 105 minute flight. That didn’t include ALL of Unit 5.

Well done Poormanslam!
You definitely put in your dues and you were rewarded with an outstanding Ram.
Kudos to you and all involved. If you are like me, your only regret will be that you found success so early in the hunt.
But any way you look at it, you had an adventure of a lifetime!
Thanks for sharing with us.
I'd love to see the video but it won't pull up.
Which video? I tried a few and they launched for me.

Which video? I tried a few and they launched for me.
The videos on post 55 and 56 say they are private and take me to a list of youtube videos.
I looked through and couldn't find it but I'm an idiot so it could easily be me not knowing what I'm doing.
Thanks for asking.

Reactions: DJ1
Well done Poormanslam!
You definitely put in your dues and you were rewarded with an outstanding Ram.
Kudos to you and all involved. If you are like me, your only regret will be that you found success so early in the hunt.
But any way you look at it, you had an adventure of a lifetime!
Thanks for sharing with us.
I'd love to see the video but it won't pull up.
It is tough to be done already but that’s the reason to scout heavily. I don’t feel cheated with 13 days in prior to the season

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back