2023 Utah Draw Results

Play nice with the newbies! They are probably young and don't have the patience to read that much
True who wants to read 8 pages that say “May 31st and not earlier.” Or read Utah DWR code section R657-62-12 (which describes drawing results).. lol… Historically, what is in the guidebook, and when they release date do not always match:

2012-May 31
2013-May 29
2014-May 20
2015- May 20
2016- May 18
2017- May 23
2018- May 13
2019- May 14
2020- May 15
2021-May 11

So we will see, but we will know on May31

True who wants to read 8 pages that say “May 31st and not earlier.” Or read Utah DWR code section R657-62-12 (which describes drawing results).. lol… Historically, what is in the guidebook, and when they release date do not always match:

2012-May 31
2013-May 29
2014-May 20
2015- May 20
2016- May 18
2017- May 23
2018- May 13
2019- May 14
2020- May 15
2021-May 11

So we will see, but we will know on May31
I think his point was that about a page ago, someone posted two screenshots from UTAH DWR that said there was no wiggle room for prior to 5/31 this year and a direct reply from Utah DWR to the question of "when" and both were 5/31.

The powers that be, walking around the office, waiting until the last minute to release the results:

giphy.gif

I think his point was that about a page ago, someone posted two screenshots from UTAH DWR that said there was no wiggle room for prior to 5/31 this year and a direct reply from Utah DWR to the question of "when" and both were 5/31.
Utah must not believe in tradition like Montana

As a NR you are pretty safe to assume you didnt draw anything in Utah just based on the low number of tags issued, but it would be nice to know there were no surprises before the Wyoming and Montana (antelope) deadline of 5/31.

Last edited:
I've already been on the phone with an Utah biologist, so I will be really let down if Utah doesn’t send me a license. I’ve also got a last ditch WY app plan for “5/31” and MT antelope app choice depends on Utah outcome.

I've already been on the phone with an Utah biologist, so I will be really let down if Utah doesn’t send me a license. I’ve also got a last ditch WY app plan for “5/31” and MT antelope app choice depends on Utah outcome.
I'm in same boat for MT antelope and am hoping UT is wrapped up sooner than later...However, I am definitely not in same boat of being able to expect a tag from Utah with my current point totals.

Hey everyone, new guy here first year applying in Utah!

I did San Juan early rifle elk since I have heard guys say there are some elk in there and then Henry Mountains for deer! Also did sheep and bison. Hoping for sheep or even those deer or elk tags would be OK.

Any word on when results will be out? And what do you think my chances of drawing are?

Hey everyone, new guy here first year applying in Utah!

I did San Juan early rifle elk since I have heard guys say there are some elk in there and then Henry Mountains for deer! Also did sheep and bison. Hoping for sheep or even those deer or elk tags would be OK.

Any word on when results will be out? And what do you think my chances of drawing are?

Never hurts to ask for GPS coordinates of “honey holes” just in case.

Good luck in the draw.

Never hurts to ask for GPS coordinates of “honey holes” just in case.

Good luck in the draw.
I’m waiting to see which tag I draw then I’ll start a thread asking for info. I’m not looking for anything big, just my first buck or bull. I don't need honey holes, just a place to start and maybe some pins on where guys have seen critters in the past.

I’m waiting to see which tag I draw then I’ll start a thread asking for info. I’m not looking for anything big, just my first buck or bull. I don't need honey holes, just a place to start and maybe some pins on where guys have seen critters in the past.
Biggest bull I’ve ever seen was here, never did get a shot on him, but watched him for a while

(40.3520582, -105.6086641)

Biggest bull I’ve ever seen was here, never did get a shot on him, but watched him for a while

(40.3520582, -105.6086641)
What do all those numbers mean? I’m gonna need like a pin dropped on my phone so I can just hit the little blue car icon. When I get close I’ll probably have to change it to “walking directions” but I hope not. Is it a far walk? When I shoot this critter I’m gonna have to drag him back to my Kia and I’m not real strong.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back