Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2023 New Mexico Draw Results

Truly beginning to wonder if I will ever draw in NM. Probably going on 15 consecutive years of red. I don’t likely have 15 more years of DIY elk hunting abilities in me….

If there was only a way to be reasonably rewarded for longevity in a state's draw system while still allowing new applicants a chance at a tag....

Going on two decades without drawing a NM elk tag, and most years I don’t even put in for the “premium” hunts.

Well will ya look at that. Scored the same unit elk as last year, but muzzleloader instead of 1st rifle. I knew the EZ-mode muzzle guys would switch to rifle this year. Plan: Success.
I had the same strategy but heard so many claim to do the same wasn't sure the odds would actually improve. I also drew a muzzleloader tag and will be interested to see if there actually was a decrease or if it was just my lucky day.

I had the same strategy but heard so many claim to do the same wasn't sure the odds would actually improve. I also drew a muzzleloader tag and will be interested to see if there actually was a decrease or if it was just my lucky day.
Yea, it was a gamble. Most likely we just hit the lucky number with similar apps as last year, but we'll see. I'm excited because muzzle guys blew out my scouted area last year before rifle.

Red across all apps.

One tag in 15 years (elk in 2009 on my first application) is a rough go.

Good luck to all that pulled tags and enjoy the fall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back