2023 New Mexico Draw Results

My dad has good luck in draws. So I put in with him this year for elk in NM. It worked! Pulled our 3rd choice, but I'll be hunting with the old man this Fall. He will be 75 this year, so not sure how many more times I'll be getting to chase elk with him. He is now 3/3 on applying in NM for elk.

Here's the bull he got last year on a late muzzy tag. It was his best bull yet. I wasn't able to be with him last year when he go this bull, so I'm stoked that I'll get to hunt with him this year!

Good luck to all that drew!

IMG_5645.jpeg

Fun fact about barbary sheep is they are not sheep, they’re goats. New Mexico people scoff at people that call them aoudads, which is actually what they are called in Africa where they naturally occur. People like to call them sheep cause it makes them seem special like bighorn sheep. I feel like wild goats are just as cool, just don’t typically have as fancy of headwear.

Looks like another year of red for myself. One day hopefully I will be able to report something else for once.

Fun fact about barbary sheep is they are not sheep, they’re goats. New Mexico people scoff at people that call them aoudads, which is actually what they are called in Africa where they naturally occur. People like to call them sheep cause it makes them seem special like bighorn sheep. I feel like wild goats are just as cool, just don’t typically have as fancy of headwear.
I'm sure she's got a nice personality and can cook a mean hot dish.

Mine was all red
Daughter drew 3'rd choice deer
Son drew 1'st choice antelope and elk! This definitely lends credibility to the old saying "beginners luck". I only put him in for two species and now think I messed up by not putting him in for the oryx, or buying him a lottery ticket. Time to go to work stretching his range beyond 100 yards!

Ha ha! I straight up told everyone yesterday that I’m just here to spew nonsense while I have a couple days of downtime and I still haven’t been banned yet. You guys are way more chill than the Rokslide people!

I know this just further proves your point, but you can have your entire IP address banned at rokslide for making a comment like that here on Hunt talk. It’s hilarious but pathetic.

I know this just further proves your point, but you can have your entire IP address banned at rokslide for making a comment like that here on Hunt talk. It’s hilarious but pathetic.
I don't have the experience of pushing the envelope over there, but my avatar is the pic of my bighorn sheep's eyeball with Barry Wood's dong in the reflection over there, and I haven't been banned yet.

Yeah I’m sure I annoyed some people but hopefully you guys got some good laughs. I’m gonna go now, this is getting unhealthy. One last one for all the people making snide comments about Texas wives. This is what I go home to after a long day of work. Game over boys! Mic drop!
1682011710433.jpeg

Unsuccessful in NM on all applications. Didn't actually expect to draw, but you have to play the game if you want to have a chance, so at least my checking account will be happy in a few days...

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back