2023 Garden!

None of you are going to believe this. Tomorrow is the first day of summer (HA!). My thermometer is readying 33* officially it's about 37*. I have everything covered and hoping it survives, heaters on in a couple of greenhouses. I have the wood stove going. Yesterday the wind was horrendous. My hoop houses survived but will have to recut plastic next season. More wind today but not as strong. One wind gust of 35mph. Average was in the teens for hours.
What a crazy year for gardening. I hope some of it survives too late to restart from seeds to maturity.

None of you are going to believe this. Tomorrow is the first day of summer (HA!). My thermometer is readying 33* officially it's about 37*. I have everything covered and hoping it survives, heaters on in a couple of greenhouses. I have the wood stove going. Yesterday the wind was horrendous. My hoop houses survived but will have to recut plastic next season. More wind today but not as strong. One wind gust of 35mph. Average was in the teens for hours.
What a crazy year for gardening. I hope some of it survives too late to restart from seeds to maturity.
We had areas with frost 2 weeks ago, I got down to 39 at my house. Quite the change as it’s in the 90s this week.

We went down to 32* this morning. Spuds got nipped just on the very top. Everything else I thing and hope is okay. Wind is back but not as strong along with clouds and a little rain.
Won't really know until it warms up and I pop open all the hoop houses. Finally got them closed down late last night and don't want to open them up to look inside.

We went down to 32* this morning. Spuds got nipped just on the very top. Everything else I thing and hope is okay. Wind is back but not as strong along with clouds and a little rain.
Won't really know until it warms up and I pop open all the hoop houses. Finally got them closed down late last night and don't want to open them up to look inside.
Damn, that's a late frost!

Opened up all the hoops yesterday. Had 4 or so stalks of corn get frost nipped. Spuds got nipped but only the very tops. The rest of the garden did well. T-storms coming in this afternoon with a chance of small hail. I'm sure glad we don't get hail like the mid west does. Always learning how to garden at 5,000 feet elevation.

This late in the year is catching a lot of people off guard around here.

Blasted packrat took out all of one of my bean patches.

Last year snuck by without the wire cage, thought I'd try again. Replanting with the cages this weekend.

David
NM

Corn looks better there than it does up this way.
I traveled thru northern illinois and southern wisconsin on my way to do a little fishing in green bay. The further north i went the worse the crops looked. There are fields in wisconsin that only half the soybeans even made it out of the ground.

We picked up .7 on Saturday and more yesterday. It was good not to run the sprinklers all weekend.
I traveled thru northern illinois and southern wisconsin on my way to do a little fishing in green bay. The further north i went the worse the crops looked. There are fields in wisconsin that only half the soybeans even made it out of the ground.
The soybeans around our house look like crap too. You can see bare spots where they didn’t come up and if you uncover the seed it’s still just sitting there patiently waiting. It’s amazing how much a little bit of rain made stuff green up and grow overnight, though.

.1 yesterday morning and last night I had a quick shower blow through for about 2 minutes. I'll be watering later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back