2023 Garden!

Gellar

I started broccoli and cauliflower yesterday when it was 57 degrees, it snowed 5” last night but my 2023 garden has officially started! I plan on tilling up a new area and spreading out this year! Your pictures last year inspired me and I plan on trying to keep it looking weed free this year! Post up your garden pictures, what you have planted or plan on planting this year!

1679613571714.jpeg

I’ve got my work cut out for me this year. We are moving into my Grandpa’s house, doing some remodeling (and maybe adding on), and in that process I’ll need to get a garden going.
The thought of putting up a greenhouse never crossed my mind until reading this thread… kinda tempting, since I’m gonna have a lot more deer to worry about now

Carrots were seeded ten days ago, hopefully we’ll have some spring before summer shows up in Western Colorado.

Seed orders placed and getting some seed trays started this weekend. Hopefully we can get the gardens on automatic watering this year and fine-tune our greenhouse solar watering system.
Will also add another 1000 gallons of rainwater collection barrels to the setup.

View attachment 269661View attachment 269662winter varieties are almost done for me. I've got an early start with zucchini, cucumber, basil, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes. Peppers will probably go in this weekend and or next.
posting this picture of your garden while you are in flip flops is probably not a good way to get many friends on Hunttalk as the rest of us are still shoveling snow and deciding if we need to wear long johns or not. :ROFLMAO:

Picked up lettuce, snow pea and spinach seeds this week. Still need to get onion sets, weather looks good for next week to put some early season stuff in the ground.
My peach blossoms are starting to bud, looks like the orchard may be a loss this year as we are almost certainly going to get a cold snap between now and may.

Snow peas are doing good, along with the kale. Not sure if we are going to put as much effort into the spring garden this year… we’re talking about raising quail so much of our effort may go into that endeavor. With prices of eggs and chicken being so high, this might be a fun little project. I doubt I’ll come out ahead saving money, but my wife and daughter are begging for it.

Peppers(2 varieties so far) and some busb beans are in. Waiting on a new seed order for some more variety. No. Gratuitous flip flop pictures were taken.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back