2022 Toyota Tundra

Looks like a great truck, but one of the things I really like about my Tundra is how “old fashioned” it is compared to the other newer half tons. Fortunately I have a lot of years and a lot of miles left with it.

I really like that they added a locker to the TRD Pro.

Not positive but from what I read the locking differential is part of the TRD package and can be purchased on a SR5 or limited so not just on the PRO. Will have to verify.

I like the 6.5’ bed on the crewmax.

Can’t wait to see more colors and images. Ready to move on from my 2016.

I'm loving the locker and 6.5' bed option. Of course I won't be in the market for quite a while though unless someone wrecks me, my '14 only has 110k miles on it...

I have a 2012 I bought in 2015 that's been paid for since 2017. Even if this new Hybrid Tundra gets 15 mpgs towing my boat and averages 24 mpgs for all other driving, it only saves me around $1500-2000 a year on fuel. Factor in the $20-30k it would cost me to buy the new one ontop of my trade in (assuming I get around $18-20k on trade) and it's pretty hard to justify upgrading to new.

By the time the fuel mileage has made that deal worth it I'll once again have a 10-12 year old vehicle and be debating about when the appropriate time is to look at something else.

We'll see what used prices are in 2 or 3 years. Hopefully the hybrid is everything I hope it is and fuel economy is better than we think.

Last edited:
A family member that works at a Toyota dealership said he ordered his already. He said mid 30s for highway mpg, I believe that was the hybrid model.

I’m not completely sold on the look though, liked the older version. This one looks like the Chevy. That’s being picky though.

I have a 193k on my 09 so will be seriously considering it in 3-5 years after the kinks are worked out of the new truck and my truck gets older. As @LuketheDog said though, someone might have to wreck me first befor ei

Last edited:
i love my 2014 titan pro4x - locker, huge clearance, simple engine, powerful, roomy.

i've intended to drive it into the ground. but boy, hybrid tundras - and i'm hoping one day a tacoma - are on my radar and likely to screw up those plans.

i just don't think i can make a financial argument for driving a 15/17 mpg (on the good days) truck when those become available at certain price points.

I would be surprised if the hybrid is in mid 30s. Their hybrid Highlander is 36mpg with a much smaller engine and smaller vehicle. I would think the non hybrid Tundra should be close to the Ford 150 mpg and the hybrid version will add about 5 mpg maybe 8 mpg to that so maybe mid 20s to high 20s at best. Just guesses though but can’t wait to hear the details.

Not positive but from what I read the locking differential is part of the TRD package and can be purchased on a SR5 or limited so not just on the PRO. Will have to verify.

I like the 6.5’ bed on the crewmax.

Can’t wait to see more colors and images. Ready to move on from my 2016.
Truck King youtube channel stated that the locking rear diff can be had in other trims. I know he mentioned SR5, limited, trd off road and of course trd pro.

The Japanese need to stop naming these legendary truck packages after a turd.

If this would have happened prior to my purchase it would have made my decision tougher. The 2 things that made my choice of Jack direct were 1) MPG and 2) The locker ..........I will be interested to see where the actual pricing goes.

I'm loving the locker and 6.5' bed option. Of course I won't be in the market for quite a while though unless someone wrecks me, my '14 only has 110k miles on it...
That's the only thing I appreciate that they did was finally make a 6.5' bed on a crewmax. I wish they didn't get rid of the V8, that thing was legendary in reliability and longevity. I know everyone is moving towards smaller turbocharged engines, but it's hard to argue with the simplicity of a good ol V8. I wish they would have added the two new v6 options and kept the V8 as a 3rd option but that's just wishful thinking.

I think I'll buy a 2020 or older and keep an eye on what these new ones do the next 5+ years.

A family member that works at a Toyota dealership said he ordered his already. He said mid 30s for highway mpg, I believe that was the hybrid model.

I’m not completely sold on the look though, liked the older version. This one looks like the Chevy. That’s being picky though.

I have a 180000+ on my 09 so will be seriously considering it in 3-5 years after the kinks are worked out of the new truck and my truck gets older. As @LuketheDog said though, someone might have to wreck me first befor ei

I don't love the goofy looking tailgate, but the front end on the Pro model with the color-matched grille looks better than the Chevys I think.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back