Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2022 Colorado draw results!!!!

Draw recaps are posted.

At $6/gallon there probably will be a few tags returned for the 2nd draw, I’m debating on what to do with my deer tag since I drew NV deer also.
Matt

Man I'm not looking forward to that fuel bill at all. Mississippi to Colorado at roughly 15mpg. I'll get a Colorado cow moose hunt at the same price of an Alaskan bull moose hunt before it's said and done.

Man I'm not looking forward to that fuel bill at all. Mississippi to Colorado at roughly 15mpg. I'll get a Colorado cow moose hunt at the same price of an Alaskan bull moose hunt before it's said and done.
Ask @wllm about that one. Pretty sure the price change in plane tickets to Alaska make fuel prices look like a drop in the hat.

With ID, NV, and CO tags already in my pocket and WY still coming up I need a diesel sponsor for this season lol 😂
Matt

The hunt stats recap is very interesting. Point creep is definitely real. ex. 76 archery ES.
this is kind of my barometer for CO. Was looking at this yesterday.
The jump in higher point holders, especially at the R's 9 point level was significant. 28 R's apps last year ('21) compared to 63 apps this year ('22).
39% resident draw with 8 points in '21 compared to 7% drawn with 8 points this year.
This is situational to one unit, but I'm sure i can find you more.

Oh, and NR basically went up a full point from 15 at 2% drawn to 16 and 4% drawn.

I hunted 76 archery with 5 points guaranteed in 2017.
Just for fun, if you could round this up to 9 points (for fun, don't S*&t on my hypothetical modeling) then you are looking at an average 0.8 point of creep a year.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-04 at 15-10-36 CombinedNonWeightedPostDrawReport - 2022ElkDrawRecap.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-04 at 15-10-36 CombinedNonWeightedPostDrawReport - 2022ElkDrawRecap.pdf.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2022-06-04 at 15-22-41 2021ElkDrawRecap - 2021ElkDrawRecap.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-04 at 15-22-41 2021ElkDrawRecap - 2021ElkDrawRecap.pdf.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I Drew my first elk tag yesterday and now trying to figure out if I can drive my car instead of my truck.

The hunt stats recap is very interesting. Point creep is definitely real. ex. 76 archery ES.
The jump in higher point holders, especially at the R's 9 point level was significant. 28 R's apps last year ('21) compared to 63 apps this year ('22).
39% resident draw with 8 points in '21 compared to 7% drawn with 8 points this year.

Oh, and NR basically went up a full point from 15 at 2% drawn to 16 and 4% drawn.

Just for fun, if you could round this up to 9 points (for fun, don't S*&t on my hypothetical modeling) then you are looking at an average 0.8 point of creep a year.
Again just one unit, but last year my tag was 40% at 0pts, and this year it was 100% plus tags going second choice.

Again just one unit, but last year my tag was 40% at 0pts, and this year it was 100% plus tags going second choice.
Good point. Appreciate it.
Did they increase quota?
Resident apps down? The units around durango are basically 50-70% allocation to non-rez for certain seasons. only 4th season is scewed over 50% to rez, which makes sense? If anytjhing makes sense anymore.
Tells me these units suck. I haven't hunted my backyard in 6 years

Last edited:

With the possibility of NR tag cuts coming I think you will see a lot of people trying to burn there points.

Good point. Appreciate it.
Did they increase quota?
Resident apps down? The units around durango are basically 50-70% allocation to non-rez for certain seasons. only 4th season is scewed over 50% to rez, which makes sense? If anytjhing makes sense anymore.
Tells me these units suck. I haven't hunted my backyard in 6 years
I have not checked to see if the quota was increased.

With the possibility of NR tag cuts coming I think you will see a lot of people trying to burn there points.
Yes, when I got the email about some tag redistribution focus group, me and my 25 elk points jumped ship this year. And I intend to burn deer & pronghorn next year. The same for Wyoming elk. Points not at high a risk in other states. I burned 90 points total the last 3 years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back