MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2022 Colorado draw results!!!!

Man I'm not looking forward to that fuel bill at all. Mississippi to Colorado at roughly 15mpg. I'll get a Colorado cow moose hunt at the same price of an Alaskan bull moose hunt before it's said and done.
Iā€™m in the same boatā€¦MS to Co. After I got my tags my wife said ā€œ whatā€™s that gas gonna cost to go out there?ā€ I replied ā€œthe same as it does to go to workā€¦just more of it!ā€ I took her to our favorite fish house to eat last night!

Iā€™m in the same boatā€¦MS to Co. After I got my tags my wife said ā€œ whatā€™s that gas gonna cost to go out there?ā€ I replied ā€œthe same as it does to go to workā€¦just more of it!ā€ I took her to our favorite fish house to eat last night!

Mine only asked if I could get more tags while I was up there. I guess if I bring home enough meat to offset the cost it'll be ok.

Got drawn for Colorado Bull in Unit 71 (2nd year in a row) for 1st Rifle. Anyone else going to be in this unit this year? (10/15/22 to 10/19/22)

Mine only asked if I could get more tags while I was up there. I guess if I bring home enough meat to offset the cost it'll be ok.
Weā€™ve been married for 30 yearsā€¦sheā€™ll enjoy the time to herself, and sheā€™s excited for us too! Iā€™ve always wanted to goā€¦just finally got tired of waiting on the ā€œbestā€ time to do it. My freezer is empty of deer meatā€¦weā€™re down to just fish! So hopefully theyā€™ll be some meat coming back as well! All my folks love deer meatā€¦Iā€™m sure elk will be enjoyed too.

The way meat prices are going, it likely wonā€™t take much more meat to offset your fuel cost than it did last year.
Today I did a rough calculation of fuel mileage and possible 6 dollars a gallon. Coming from eastern Iowa to western Colorado is round trip at about 650 bucks. Add whatever I might burn while I'm there I'm setting aside a 1000 bucks for fuel to be safe.

That's no lie. I'm on the verge of a freezer crisis already too. It won't be long and we'll be trying to stretch this 3 limits of wood ducks in the freezer til October

The upright freezer is also full.

I must say that I prefer an upright freezer over a chest freezer.

Attachments

• FCDFF74C-E000-4D76-8CDF-B3B338F1AF16.jpeg
    FCDFF74C-E000-4D76-8CDF-B3B338F1AF16.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Yes, when I got the email about some tag redistribution focus group, me and my 25 elk points jumped ship this year. And I intend to burn deer & pronghorn next year. The same for Wyoming elk. Points not at high a risk in other states. I burned 90 points total the last 3 years.
zim,
I have 26 NR points and planned on using them in 61 this year then my daughter told us she is pregnant with our first grandchild and her due date is September 17. The wife never says anything about me going hunting but she said I will be here for the birth so it will be next year with 27, hopefully creep doesnā€™t get me.

zim,
I have 26 NR points and planned on using them in 61 this year then my daughter told us she is pregnant with our first grandchild and her due date is September 17. The wife never says anything about me going hunting but she said I will be here for the birth so it will be next year with 27, hopefully creep doesnā€™t get me.
No worry. There was no point creep at all from last year. I deducted the guys that drew in 2021, and added a few point holders coming out of the woodwork and calculated I should have an 85% chance. well 12/14 = 86% so I was close. Next year the 26 point pool should have a 100% draw rate. You'll have to look me up for unit tips then. Your loss this year could have been the one in my pocket now.

Not sure if it was already posted on this thread or another one, but when does the 2nd draw list normally get posted?

The list is available now. There are some pretty good tags available for the youth hunters. At least a few will be incredibly happy.

Never heard of him until a few minutes ago. Now I love this man! :love::love:

Mike Lloyd
Preference Point & Refund Coordinator

Easy there! The current process is perfect! :)

Now I need to start working out. Previous plans were WY pronghorn, I might have not been working out so much for that one. But cow moose are pretty big, right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back