2021 Olympics

Loved watching them. Track is one of my favorite sports follow and watch (not just during Olympic years), and still was blown way by Warholm. Suspicious? Yes.
Same, but I feel guilty about it.
Greenhorn, they were certainly up there- but to me, nothing will ever beat Michael Johnson’s 200 and 400 finals at the 96 Atlanta Olympics (Bolt in Rio came close).
Diddo

Those gold shoes were a blur as he was coming down the stretch, crowd absolutely roaring. Maybe my favorite sports moment ever actually, was so awesome.

She had the most potential but falls apart at the end if she's behind.
This impressed me more:

Thomas graduated from Harvard with a degree in neurobiology and a secondary degree in global health and health policy. She's now pursuing her master's at the University of Texas in public health, studying epidemiology/health care management.

I can predict why Ontario hunter is bored with such things. :)

I get all the big American networks: NBC, FOX, CBS, PBS plus both Canadian networks so quite a selection of events is available at any given moment. Track & field is about a lot of hurry up and wait for a few seconds of actual competition and then hours of post mortem evaluation of those few seconds. I also don't care much for watching soccer though I do appreciate the skill and endurance of the sport. Must say I was delighted when our girls knocked off the US after that disgusting ref job robbed them at the last Games. Sailing was on yesterday. First time I've seen that broadcast. Hope it's the last. I love skeet shooting but can't imagine myself watching it during the Games. Super boring spectator sport. I am surprised the shooting sports have survived. Last Olymics they were supposed to eliminate wrestling but the uproar brought it back. An ancient sport as old as the Olympics itself. Probably as old as humans have walked upright.

Last edited:
This impressed me more:

Thomas graduated from Harvard with a degree in neurobiology and a secondary degree in global health and health policy. She's now pursuing her master's at the University of Texas in public health, studying epidemiology/health care management.
How could you not root for her.....my gawd.

This impressed me more:

very impressive !

Loved this picture. Congratulations Gabby

I also enjoyed the win, emotion and patriotism of Mensah Stock.

I love watching track and field events. Pure athleticism matched with skill and mental fortitude at the highest level. No referee needed, no judge giving you a deduction on something they could never do to begin with. All of the events and athletes you all have mentioned were fantastic, may I add that the women's triple jump, though she not be an American, was awesome to watch. Amazing athlete there.

McLaughlin was unreal.
Only video I have watched besides it,was Carrisa Moore's gold surf contests.
You go ladies!!!

Since we are mentioning Olympic events etched into our minds the 68 Games in Mexico City had a few for me. First or second, I can't choose. Lee Evans in the 400 meters and Bob Beamon in the long jump.

Evans ran at altitude and set the record that stood for 20 years. Beamon did not break the record, he shattered it.

Also Tommie Smith in the 200 meters. He was the first man to ever officially run under 20.0 seconds. He ran 19.83 which ages pretty well.

Back