Yeti GOBOX Collection

2021 Olympics

Definitely enjoyed the 400m hurdles for both men and women.

Are the next games going to be clothing optional? What is with the see-through uniforms? The men's shorts leave nothing to the imagination and I didn't need to know that Mu has a nipple ring.

There's not enough room in this forum for a list of all the idiotic 'sports' that are now Olympic sports (once Walking got in there, you would have thought there was no way to get worse, but you were wrong).

Definitely enjoyed the 400m hurdles for both men and women.

Are the next games going to be clothing optional? What is with the see-through uniforms? The men's shorts leave nothing to the imagination and I didn't need to know that Mu has a nipple ring.

There's not enough room in this forum for a list of all the idiotic 'sports' that are now Olympic sports (once Walking got in there, you would have thought there was no way to get worse, but you were wrong).
Actually, walking is one of the more punishing Olympic sports. Takes a helluva toll on their bodies. Those athletes usually don't last long before hips and/or knees give out. Like most long distance sports events it's not much of a spectator draw. I have never been much of a tennis fan but it has more action than 100 metre race. Badminton sounds wimpy ... until you watch a match. Gawd, those guys/gals have unbelievable reflexes! Someone should turn them on to boxing or martial arts.

Actually, walking is one of the more punishing Olympic sports. Takes a helluva toll on their bodies. Those athletes usually don't last long before hips and/or knees give out. Like most long distance sports events it's not much of a spectator draw. I have never been much of a tennis fan but it has more action than 100 metre race. Badminton sounds wimpy ... until you watch a match. Gawd, those guys/gals have unbelievable reflexes! Someone should turn them on to boxing or martial arts.

A couple of things,

One, EVERYONE has a pretty good idea where they stand with sprinting speed. In my mind the 100 meter dash is the purest event there is in the entire games. Line up and go at the sound of the gun. It does not get simpler or a purer athletic contest than that.

Two, there is a reason badminton players aren't in a ring. It has nothing to do with their reflexes either.

This impressed me more:

Thomas graduated from Harvard with a degree in neurobiology and a secondary degree in global health and health policy. She's now pursuing her master's at the University of Texas in public health, studying epidemiology/health care management.
That is a very impressive young lady right there. Talking about a bright future.

Added the shotput & womens discus to incredible feats viewed today. Strength & grace at it's finest.

A couple of things,

One, EVERYONE has a pretty good idea where they stand with sprinting speed. In my mind the 100 meter dash is the purest event there is in the entire games. Line up and go at the sound of the gun. It does not get simpler or a purer athletic contest than that.

Two, there is a reason badminton players aren't in a ring. It has nothing to do with their reflexes either.
Clearly the decathlon is the purest form of a pure athlete. A Canadian just set a new Olympic record that is just behind the recent world record set by the French silver medalist. His 100 meters time would have put him in the medal finals for that event and his broad jump would have been good for bronze in that event. What is most remarkable is he smashed records in horrendous heat and humidity. The weather is so bad the IOC finally agreed to move the women's soccer gold medal match to the evening after both teams protested health concerns. There was supposedly a scheduling conflict with track and field events in the same facility. A total no brainer to fix that. Move the match to another soccer field in the city. No one allowed in the stands anyway. Go Canada!

I see you did not touch #2. You didn't burn it by mistake, did you?

Yeah the decathlon is a great event. I was talking to my brother the other day about how good Bo Jackson would have been at that, if he had the interest to do it.

I see you did not touch #2. You didn't burn it by mistake, did you?

Yeah the decathlon is a great event. I was talking to my brother the other day about how good Bo Jackson would have been at that, if he had the interest to do it.
At only 6' tall and bulky, Jackson would have been handicapped in long jump and high jump. Probably would have had trouble with pole vault too. Baseball and football obviously do not require the endurance needed for 1500 meters. He was a versatile athlete but only in particular sports. Was he ever involved in track and field? Let's see ... Yes, he was an exceptional decathalete in HS reaching 6'9" in high jump which is remarkable for such a short guy. Sounds like he dropped out of the sport because he was no good at long distance running. He took the state championship without even running the event.

It's a shame Warner isn't on the relay team. That would be a medal for sure. De Grasse was impressive in the semifinals finishing leg. One more super sprinter in the lineup would have iced it for Canada. But the decathlon is punishing, especially in that heat. Because the decathlon is ten events I'm sure it's difficult if not impossible for the athelete to fit in other events.

Last edited:
For some reason none of these videos are viewable up here. The female pole vaulters also have a reputation for being easy on the eyes.

Dan O'Brien was the local small town celebrity when we lived in Moscow, Idaho in the 90's. My wife came home from the grocery store one day laughing. Dan was in the checkout line in front of her with a 6 pack of beer and some donuts!
Gotta fuel the engine

I’ve watched men’s and women’s freestyle wrestling the last 3 nights. The men have medaled at every weight they’ve been entered. 1 has a chance to win tonight and then wrestle for bronze tomorrow. The 2016 gold medal winner at 97 kilos starts tonight. And the heavyweight is in the finals for gold tonight. That’s a good showing if they go 5/5 for medals. Women have all medaled with a few more to go yet as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back