2021 Olympics

That was a great race. I thought Benjamin was gonna close that gap at the end, but didn't have it in him. Olympics needs more finishes like that.

Track & field leaves me cold. As does swimming/diving events. Wrestling is okay. Volleyball has enough action. No surprise that equestrian is most appealing to this old horseman. Some beautiful critters and the rider's ability to gauge what's needed from the horse to clear each obstacle requires control, encouragement, and scientific calculation. Just watched the Swede on his thirteen year-old, both of whom competed in the last Games. Smoothe as silk. That guy barely touched the reigns all the way through. A perfect match of horse flesh and rider. Must be mental telepathy.

Weightlifting on now. The definition of a boring spectator sport. Worse than golf, but only just slightly. "Oh, look at that shot!" as the camera pans open sky for several seconds. Yawn.

Last edited:
Have always been impressed by 400/800 folks, the ability to hold speed at longer distance! Back in HS I was a mile/2mile guy, took me an 880 (showing my age now) just to unwind my plodding legs.

For track and field - both men’s & women's 400m hurdle finals were likely best races I’ve ever seen.
The USA women discus champ is something else too. Google

Loved watching them. Track is one of my favorite sports follow and watch (not just during Olympic years), and still was blown way by Warholm. Suspicious? Yes. Awesome? Also yes. McLaughlin’s felt more inevitable based on her performance during the trials, not to mention the fast track surface in general.

Greenhorn, they were certainly up there- but to me, nothing will ever beat Michael Johnson’s 200 and 400 finals at the 96 Atlanta Olympics (Bolt in Rio came close).

Pulling for Hocker in the 1500, will take a miracle but…?

Allman’s form on a discus throw is biomechanical poetry.
Only a decade ago, Allman’s future looked more likely to be as a dancer. Since she was a girl, she’d always loved to dance — ballet, hip-hop, tap, you name it. Eventually she was selected to join “The Pulse on Tour,” a traveling dance program organized by the choreographers of hit TV shows like “So You Think You Can Dance” and “American Idol.”

“I absolutely loved dance,” she said. “There’s something so beautiful about the movement and the coordination and the balance.”

The one to watch for in 2024 took 4th place today in the men's 200m.

Agreed. 17 years old… crazy. Huge potential.

Will also be rooting on fellow Wisconsinite Kenny Bednarik, he will have one more go at the big show for sure at only 22.

Track & field leaves me cold. As does swimming/diving events. Wrestling is okay. Volleyball has enough action. No surprise that equestrian is most appealing to this old horseman. Some beautiful critters and the rider's ability to gauge what's needed from the horse to clear each obstacle requires control, encouragement, and scientific calculation. Just watched the Swede on his thirteen year-old, both of whom competed in the last Games. Smoothe as silk. That guy barely touched the reigns all the way through. A perfect match of horse flesh and rider. Must be mental telepathy.

Weightlifting on now. The definition of a boring spectator sport. Worse than golf, but only just slightly. "Oh, look at that shot!" as the camera pans open sky for several seconds. Yawn.
Lol

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back