2021 Nevada Desert Ram Story

Congratulations man! Awesome ram—especially for that unit. Looks like it was a great time with great people, well deserved. One quick question though—you wearing sandals in that pic of you and the head out in front of the tent?!

Congratulations man! Awesome ram—especially for that unit. Looks like it was a great time with great people, well deserved. One quick question though—you wearing sandals in that pic of you and the head out in front of the tent?!
No, I had boots on. I did wear light shoes a lot while we were there though around camp

When you said you were loaded with five dogs, the first thought that popped into my mind was five corgis. Then, I had a reality check and thought, “No one would take a corgi hunting.” 😀

Congrats on the ram!
No corgies, but one of my "hounds" is a cow dog. Haha.

Well done mevertsen!
Old rams in Nevada are rare indeed and your's is perfect.
I personally always value mass and age over length and score.
Congratulations and thanks for bringing us along.

This unit is not known for growing big (scoring) rams, but this one was an old warrior, likely its last winter. It appeared that the weather caused the sheep to change areas/habits- maybe since there was no need to be tied to water sources. This made finding any sheep hard- the poor visibility of opening day did not help either. And yes, he is running a border collie with the hounds and it does keep up just fine.

Good for you! Sounds like a great hunt. I like those 213 rams. They're so unique. I killed a ewe in there a few years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back