Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2021 NASCAR Fantasy league. Wanna join?

I think it’s the first time Rowdy didn’t screw me over, but my other picks made up for it! So pretty much par for the course 😂

CC gambled on Bubba and it paid off. He has been a crap pick all season until yesterday.
BHR had some tough luck there.

Love it when one of your drivers takes out another one of your drivers, while out front, and they both finish way in the back.🤬 I'm talking to you Ross!
I feel your pain, Denny and Kurt gambled on gas and came up short. Went from three in top 5 to one and a couple top 20s with one to go

I didn't do too horrible considering all of the late fuel stops. I just picked out 4 trying to conserve some starts for later. Blaney had me worried for a bit but he came back at the end. We all need to gang up on our Canadian member that doesn't check in with us. He keeps stretching out the lead. Not very neighborly! 😁

I didn't do too horrible considering all of the late fuel stops. I just picked out 4 trying to conserve some starts for later. Blaney had me worried for a bit but he came back at the end. We all need to gang up on our Canadian member that doesn't check in with us. He keeps stretching out the lead. Not very neighborly! 😁
The official scorer needs to adjust his points for picking Chase the Cheater in the Nashville race (along with all the other guys with Elliott in their lineup).😁

The official scorer needs to adjust his points for picking Chase the Cheater in the Nashville race (along with all the other guys with Elliott in their lineup).😁
I suppose you guys get these emails as well, but here's the answer I got today.

Chase Elliott's Disqualification and Points

Did you hear that Chase Elliott was disqualified after the Nashville race? Of course you did. Here is how I came to the decision not to take points away from players that had him in their lineup.

There Was No Rule

The crux of it is that there was nothing in the Driver Group Game rules dealing with driver disqualification (DQ).

I found out Monday morning about the DQ from a friend. I consulted the rules. Nothing about DQ's. I went to Draftkings to see what their rules were: https://www.draftkings.com/help/rules/nas

"Finishing Position is defined as the driver's standing order at the end of the race. Disqualifications related to same-day post-race inspection will not change a driver's Finishing Position, Laps Led, or Fastest Laps stats."

Looked good to me (and makes sense for several reasons). I took out the "Fastest Laps" part and added in "Stage Position" and put it in the Driver Group Game rules. I noted that I added it on 6/21/2021 so no one would think I was trying to sneak it in or pretend it had been there already.

It's in the last sentence above the last paragraph. https://drivergroupgame.com/how-to-play/

"(ADDED 06/21/2021): Finish Position is the driver's standing order at the end of the race. If a driver is disqualified as a result of post-race inspection, it will not change the driver's Stage Positions, Finishing Position or Laps Led."

What About Jimmie Johnson Last Year?

I did not remember the Jimmie Johnson 2020 Coca-Cola 600 DQ. Nor did I know that some players were beside themselves mad about my decision. I was just living the dream until Wednesday when a commissioner friend texted me. He told me that some of his league's players were upset I didn't take Elliott's points away since I did last year with Johnson.

Then I remembered the Johnson DQ and the points taken away. I also remembered that a faction of players were as mad at me then about it as now. Possibly more now, because I didn't do the same this time and they got the short-end of the stick twice.

Although all that happened last season, I never updated the rules about how to handle DQ's. We went a year without guidance in writing. And then we needed it. I have it in there now.

To be clear, I did not change a rule. There was no rule. There is now a rule.

I wonder what else isn't in the rules? If anyone has the foresight to see any other "gotchas" I don't have in there please tell me and I'll cover it.

I suppose you guys get these emails as well, but here's the answer I got today.

Chase Elliott's Disqualification and Points

Did you hear that Chase Elliott was disqualified after the Nashville race? Of course you did. Here is how I came to the decision not to take points away from players that had him in their lineup.

There Was No Rule

The crux of it is that there was nothing in the Driver Group Game rules dealing with driver disqualification (DQ).

I found out Monday morning about the DQ from a friend. I consulted the rules. Nothing about DQ's. I went to Draftkings to see what their rules were: https://www.draftkings.com/help/rules/nas

"Finishing Position is defined as the driver's standing order at the end of the race. Disqualifications related to same-day post-race inspection will not change a driver's Finishing Position, Laps Led, or Fastest Laps stats."

Looked good to me (and makes sense for several reasons). I took out the "Fastest Laps" part and added in "Stage Position" and put it in the Driver Group Game rules. I noted that I added it on 6/21/2021 so no one would think I was trying to sneak it in or pretend it had been there already.

It's in the last sentence above the last paragraph. https://drivergroupgame.com/how-to-play/

"(ADDED 06/21/2021): Finish Position is the driver's standing order at the end of the race. If a driver is disqualified as a result of post-race inspection, it will not change the driver's Stage Positions, Finishing Position or Laps Led."

What About Jimmie Johnson Last Year?

I did not remember the Jimmie Johnson 2020 Coca-Cola 600 DQ. Nor did I know that some players were beside themselves mad about my decision. I was just living the dream until Wednesday when a commissioner friend texted me. He told me that some of his league's players were upset I didn't take Elliott's points away since I did last year with Johnson.

Then I remembered the Johnson DQ and the points taken away. I also remembered that a faction of players were as mad at me then about it as now. Possibly more now, because I didn't do the same this time and they got the short-end of the stick twice.

Although all that happened last season, I never updated the rules about how to handle DQ's. We went a year without guidance in writing. And then we needed it. I have it in there now.

To be clear, I did not change a rule. There was no rule. There is now a rule.

I wonder what else isn't in the rules? If anyone has the foresight to see any other "gotchas" I don't have in there please tell me and I'll cover it.
Ha! I got screwed picking Johnson last year! It's a conspiracy! 😉

I really need Elliot to have a bad day and Hamlin to do good. Our "non-participating" member in the lead and I picked 3 drivers the same. I need to gain some points on him! So far, so good.

Bubba just HAD to wreck Buescher... At least Hamlin had a problem. Cuts some of the points for our leader.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back