2021 kamikazee elk

nwihunter

View attachment 186534

I like your vehicle choice, I built a removable deck for mine, vinyl flooring on plywood, makes sliding gear in easier and is more comfortable to sleep on. If I had money I would put in a 3.5 in lift and max out on tire size.
View attachment 186535
This is kinda the goal… I think I could probably get it done for ~$2000-2500 all in. Cheaper if I had the ability to do it myself.
View attachment 186538
That’s a pretty slick set up.

TRS_Montana

Curious, why the Seek Outside tent and stove vs the same size tent/stove from Luxe? Seems about half the price. I've seen several HT posts recommend Luxe.

Also, kudos on convincing the wife to go from camper to tent. I'm not having success in my attempt at this.
Yeah I looked at the luxe and one tigris (I think is what it’s called). Came down to reputation, customer service, and resellability.

TRS_Montana

View attachment 186534

I like your vehicle choice, I built a removable deck for mine, vinyl flooring on plywood, makes sliding gear in easier and is more comfortable to sleep on. If I had money I would put in a 3.5 in lift and max out on tire size.
View attachment 186535
This is kinda the goal… I think I could probably get it done for ~$2000-2500 all in. Cheaper if I had the ability to do it myself.
View attachment 186538
Oh man, I’m definitely stealing this idea. The car seats are going to be a little less stable on that floor, but the kids are pretty resilient.

TRS_Montana

Well, haven’t gotten as much scouting in as I would have liked, but luckily I’ve got good friends who are way better at hunting than me. We’ve come up with a game plan for the rifle opener.

The spot I’ll be camping at is 10 miles from the trailhead. I’ve got the pony saddled up and going to head in this morning to set up camp and watch what comes out this evening.

Here’s my trusty steed with about half of my belongings strapped to it.

D2318845-D528-4E41-88E3-D4B9ACE010A3.jpeg

Going to hunt through Sunday, then spend the next two weeks hoping for snow.
My oldest son told me that I should probably wait to shoot a Christmas bull. With the way the regs are shaping up in MT I suspect it’s only a couple years until there are a lot of folks shooting Christmas bulls.

AMK Sportsman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amwd