2021 kamikazee elk

I am a big fan of the writings of the late Patrick F McManus. I am especially fond of his story titled, “The Big Trip.” I think this might have been your “big trip.”

Congrats on a great bull, and thank you for taking us along an awesome adventure with your words and photos.

Wonderful chronicle of the hunt! Congrats on the bull and dang that’s some great looking hunting country

A wonderful effort all around. Outstanding prose with some excellent photos.

You are hereby awarded the medal for paternal piety, 35,000 calories of any choosing, six days of rest and relaxation and since you had the crew come in and help, you are awarded the Bea Arthur award of excellence.

Ah! A prestigious collection for my digital mantle. You're as kind as you are astute!

What an awesome story—and a great bull! That’s pretty special you’ve got friends that would drop everything for you like that. Speaks to their character, but it especially speaks to yours. The picture of all of you with the bull’s head is the sort that should become something that your great grandkids see.

Haha...don't offend @Nameless Range. As soon as HuntTalk gets a Hall of Fame, I'll be disappointed if he's not on the first ballot.

Damn Roy! Fantastic write-up and hunt. You did it all more justice than I could imagine. Yer a tough dude. Congratulations. So cool.

HuntTalk's hall of fame will basically be GIS people - for obvious reasons. ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Being a mountain biker i really liked your approach.
Awesome hunt, great story.
Loved the fact you killed with your Dads rifle.
Big congrats.
Thanks. It worked remarkably well. I will definitely be incorporating this set up into future hunts.

Now that's a real " Now for the rest of the story" Man that was a great write up and great photo's. I've always wondered how a mountain bike would work when packing a load like you guys did. Any wrecks?
GREAT WRITE UP!!!!!!

This place has been alive with great hunting stories this fall, and this one is right up there!

That's such an awesome adventure congrats to you. Love the bikes all lined up that would've been a sight to see

What an awesome adventure. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a fantastic bull! And to top it all off, the nostalgia of harvesting the bull with your father's rife, priceless!

Back