2021 BC Mountain Goat Bowhunt

I killed him on day six. I had a 10 day hunt planned.
Did you have multiple opportunities and see a lot of goats? I was going to go to AK with a friend this year but decided not to go since my son is a senior and I didn’t want to miss any of his games. Glad I stayed back because he didn’t come close to any in bow range and used a rifle.

396CC1B2-6E7B-4824-B16B-241E4E0B7C1F.jpeg5ACC76DE-9D32-4B69-9920-63E7F7AFF092.jpegDid you have multiple opportunities and see a lot of goats? I was going to go to AK with a friend this year but decided not to go since my son is a senior and I didn’t want to miss any of his games. Glad I stayed back because he didn’t come close to any in bow range and used a rifle.
We saw goats daily. However goats in position to stalk with a bow, I would say two out of the six days…maybe three days. I got above two goats, the one I killed and one other that I got cliffed out on. Got a couple decent pictures of him but I couldn’t get down to him. The daily climbs got us looking at goats so they were worth the effort and sore legs.

Here is the other goat I put a stalk on, alas a 12 foot cliff done me in.

thanks for posting.. the bear looks too close for comfort. what's the story on the bear please?
He was close but not that close.
Not much of Story, we glasses him up on slope and he worked his way down into the basin we where in glassing for goats. At some point he got a little bit of our wind and then he circled back around us and out sight. We just kept glassing
He was Beautiful to see.

That's a bucket list hunt for me! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on an awesome adventure and goat!

Wowza. Bad to the bone! Thanks for sharing the story and additional details. Great Billy and awesome pics!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back