Caribou Gear Tarp

2020 Spring Bears Thread

Praise the Lord! Idaho just green lighted us. Time to fill up the Tundra and the beer cooler.
New suspension, a good stash of white claw, and a semi repaired tipi sounds like the makings of a good trip!

Found out my sleeping pad repair won’t hold air, so it looks like I’m sleeping on the Z lite this weekend...

Last edited:
Was out the last 2 days and couldn't turn up a bear for the life of me. The hiking activity has really picked up in the area and the sightings have really decreased. Going to try some other spots next weekend.

I sealed the deal on a massive Sasky bush colour phase!

Measured it at 21 2/8 last night, this bad boy deserves its own thread. Jeezus Lawd!!!

21 2/8”?!?!?! that thing would be one of that largest bears ever harvested in Idaho. I can’t even imagine how big those Canadian bears get. Congrats!

We don’t have spring bear season, but I did see 4 different bears while turkey hunting. The pictures are crappy cell phone pictures, but the bears were cool.

I was sneaking along a log road in a mountain laurel jungle when these 2 basketball sized cubs went up the tree 20 yards away. Mom was big and in the laurel below the tree. Never would have seen them if they hadn’t moved. She went the other way fortunately.
D2EDCAD7-D796-46DB-82FD-E5C1DFBCE646.jpeg
Saw this guy a few miles away, he was about 50 yards.
63C20939-EAD5-44C6-B154-2B6E968D3C57.jpeg

How did the Hammers work?
Wish I could tell you, but a 127 LRX in my friend’s 6.5 CM put him down hard. It was an adventure of a trip, starting with the shiny new triggertech I put on my .280 seizing up. My dad happened to be driving through the area and delivered his .308, which I carried for the hunt. I talked my friend into trying the spring bear thing, and we were both laying prone on the bear when I told him to shoot. First bear hunt ever and he killed a 5-6 year old boar... It was a long grunt out of a gnarly canyon in the dark.
A4520045-5BE9-46EA-9265-0C5A1B8A0339.jpeg

33028BFD-8491-44B4-BA65-1AD6A03E05B3.jpeg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back