Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2020 Spring Bears Thread

I rambled up the trail again, tried to kill a brown one with better hair but got winded close up in an aspen jungle. Oak has aspen jungle dreams, I have aspen nightmares and seem to lose a shooter bear in them at least once a year. I killed this one later at 75 yds, 6.5C, 139 scenar.

IMG_2281.JPG

Last edited:
I rambled up the trail again, tried to kill a brown one with better hair but got winded close up in an aspen jungle. Oak has aspen jungle dreams, I have aspen nightmares and seem to lose a shooter bear in them at least once a year. I killed this one later at 75 yds, 6.5C, 139 scenar.

View attachment 141684
Great and well deserved black bear. Congratulations!

Last edited:
He's of average girth for an adult boar, at least the ones I see. I guess it depends on what bears you compare it too :)
The obese belly hangers stand out pretty quick through binos in my experience, and he's not in that class.

View attachment 141684
Awesome job buddy nice looking bruin!

Turned up my first bear of the year yesterday but it had a few cubs with it, was about 150' below the snow line. Heading back out again today

Lots of good bears! Congrats guys.

So, who's making what with their bear meat? I've turned mine into roasts and burger. I've kept about 30 lb that I will turn into sausage when I stop being lazy!

Lots of good bears! Congrats guys.

So, who's making what with their bear meat? I've turned mine into roasts and burger. I've kept about 30 lb that I will turn into sausage when I stop being lazy!

I’ve still got a backstrap in the freezer from last year, once I can have a dinner party again I’m going to invite over some g-d east coast liberals and treat them to some Bruin diplomacy. ;)

I’ve been wanting to try this recipe for bear.

Will alter it slightly and do a quick sear followed by 6+ hours in the sous vide at 137-140.

View attachment 141684

Look at that coconut....

Beautiful bear, Glenn!

Finally getting some more action on one of my baits other than feeding the Sow & her 2 cubs. Let me know what you think of this bear in the first pic. It is night hitting of course with another smaller bear. Then I have these WGI_0079.JPGWGI_0178.JPGWGI_0279.JPG 2 that are probably kicked away from mom this year. Hopefully be bugging some of you for some recipes soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back