2020 Spring Bears Thread

EYJONAS!

Each year @MT.PERCHMAN has begun the spring season with a bear hunt thread which I have thoroughly enjoyed, and have participated in as well. I havent seen or heard from him lately on the forums so I wanted to get one going. It's a fun way to see what's going on around in different states or Montana, we even have some of Canada's finest chiming in which is awesome
First off wherever Perch is I hope he is well I know he's battled some things over the years medically so I hope he is doing OK and he chimes in as well.....
Second good luck to all and be safe out there share your experiences good bad and ugly. Even if a bear day turns into a Morrell fest let's see some pics.... I personally haven't been yet had a great buddy connect on a solid Beartooth Blackie last night to kick off 2020. Looking forward to seeing your adventures!

Last edited:
My hunting partner and I drew the 22-1 tag in ID this year. We hunted 3 days last weekend but access was pretty tough, and lower elevations were stacked up with turkey hunters. We saw a decent sized sow and her cub, but that’s it. We’ve got areas we know hold big bears, but until the snow clears out more, it’s an access game. I have kitchen passes for May, so hopefully I can get the job done before time runs out on the 22nd.

Back