Caribou Gear Tarp

2020 Spring Bears Thread

464886B1-2D48-49A8-BDE9-9EA962DAF935.jpegAnyone else finding hooves in the scat? Must be pretty painful for the bear to squeeze one of those out. As gross as it sounds I took the hoof and washed it in the river and put it in my back pack. Kinda cool to have something like that, that passed through a digestive tract.

View attachment 143292Anyone else finding hooves in the scat? Must be pretty painful for the bear to squeeze one of those out. As gross as it sounds I took the hoof and washed it in the river and put it in my back pack. Kinda cool to have something like that, that passed through a digestive tract.

Make a necklace out of it. That way when people see it you have a good conversation starter...

Anyone else finding hooves in the scat? Must be pretty painful for the bear to squeeze one of those out. As gross as it sounds I took the hoof and washed it in the river and put it in my back pack. Kinda cool to have something like that, that passed through a digestive tract.
Throttling the woods for all its worth!

Took some friends out to my bear canyon and tried to get their tags filled. We have seen 7 different bears in the same canyon and none of them with cubs. We sat catching our breath from the hike and we had this blonde listening in on us at 77 yards. B8FA66E0-915C-453C-BAAD-4661F633F7C7.jpegBefore we could get a shot on him he bounded off. Then we watched a black color phase bear at about yards. We watched him tossing something in the air over and over with his mouth and when he wandered off we checked his bed and found this...

F647A407-2E8D-418E-987C-992AEA26D402.jpegWhy he didn’t just eat the mouse is beyond me. Then as we were headed out we spotted a cinnamon colored bore. We set up the 14 year old to shoot and he fired 3 shots at it and it laid down. We watched it panting in the heat and it just casually scratched at itself. He must have airmailed all three shots because the bear wandered off browsing away.

Been a bit since I have replied and the thread needed an updateIMG_20200621_210538.jpgHere is a young boar I got yesterday evening after a long weekend of sitting and rebaiting & sitting some more. Going to try corned bear and some sort of pepperoni or teriyaki sticks. Let me know if you have a good recipe.

Harvested with a 50's Winchester model 70 that I bought last year from a good friend.

Did anyone hunt POW this year or was the season closed entirely for NR?

Been a bit since I have replied and the thread needed an updateView attachment 144507Here is a young boar I got yesterday evening after a long weekend of sitting and rebaiting & sitting some more. Going to try corned bear and some sort of pepperoni or teriyaki sticks. Let me know if you have a good recipe.

Harvested with a 50's Winchester model 70 that I bought last year from a good friend.

I don't know what I like better the bear or the rifle

That’s a great bear man, good looking skull.
Thanks man. Kind of a fluke he was a big old boar. I was so excited to see the small cinnamon bear on the first hunt, that I think I would have shot any legal bear.
Thank you again for coaching me. Probably would have been unsuccessful my first year without it. I’m getting pumped to go do it again. It’s such an awesome time to be out, and the hunting is as exciting as archery elk!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back