Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2017 Nevada Mule Deer Hunt (w/ Pack Goats)

Thanks for taking us along on your hunt. Especially for those of us who drew 0 tags this year.

Spotted 1 good 4 pt last night, no dice....
Spotted a 2 pt and smaller 4 pt this afternoon, no dice again, hard too find them in the thick stuff, the 2 this afternoon came out of the thick stuff while I was glossing and walked out bast me at 200 yards and disappeared again.
MattIMG_1965.jpgIMG_1966.jpg

Got on a nice 4 pt this morning but gave me the slip when he went into the mahogany trees and it's raining now..... doesn't look like it's going to let up for a while, this may have been my last morning hunting on this trip.
Matt

Well, this hunt did not go quite as good as I had hoped. But that is hunting. Had a great time, saw some deer, didn't get any chance's to stalk any bedded deer. Made 2 stalks on moving deer, both times the deer gave me the slip, meaning I didn't even see them again. It is big country, rough roads, more ATV trails than I would have liked. Seen a couple of shooter bucks, only a couple of small bucks, definitely a rough winter on those deer. Most guy's I talked too said that this is the least amount of deer they have ever seen on this hunt. But I made the best of it. Lots of gear broke on this trip. One side of my bino's something came loose, so I was down to a monocular on the 2nd day of the hunt. I hope too return after my kids go back to school for another quick 3-5 day hunt, depending on how the Idaho 2nd draw goes, with my luck that means 0 tags and i'll be heading back down to Nevada. If any of you have any question's feel free to ask.
Matt

Back