Caribou Gear

2017 Nevada Mule Deer Hunt (w/ Pack Goats)

Thanks for taking us along on your hunt. Especially for those of us who drew 0 tags this year.

Spotted 1 good 4 pt last night, no dice....
Spotted a 2 pt and smaller 4 pt this afternoon, no dice again, hard too find them in the thick stuff, the 2 this afternoon came out of the thick stuff while I was glossing and walked out bast me at 200 yards and disappeared again.
MattIMG_1965.jpgIMG_1966.jpg

Got on a nice 4 pt this morning but gave me the slip when he went into the mahogany trees and it's raining now..... doesn't look like it's going to let up for a while, this may have been my last morning hunting on this trip.
Matt

Well, this hunt did not go quite as good as I had hoped. But that is hunting. Had a great time, saw some deer, didn't get any chance's to stalk any bedded deer. Made 2 stalks on moving deer, both times the deer gave me the slip, meaning I didn't even see them again. It is big country, rough roads, more ATV trails than I would have liked. Seen a couple of shooter bucks, only a couple of small bucks, definitely a rough winter on those deer. Most guy's I talked too said that this is the least amount of deer they have ever seen on this hunt. But I made the best of it. Lots of gear broke on this trip. One side of my bino's something came loose, so I was down to a monocular on the 2nd day of the hunt. I hope too return after my kids go back to school for another quick 3-5 day hunt, depending on how the Idaho 2nd draw goes, with my luck that means 0 tags and i'll be heading back down to Nevada. If any of you have any question's feel free to ask.
Matt

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back