Caribou Gear Tarp

2016 Wyoming Draw

Thanks ihuntelk, looks like I've got a 58% of drawing my NR special H deer tag - for the PP draw. Better than even odds I guess :)

Ihunt if your lists are right, and is different than 2015 then I drew my deer and lope tags! Will verify and check on does later for sure but thanks!

Yikes. I'm within a point of both the antelope and deer units I've had my sights set on, but I might have to bail! It could still be quite a few years to draw. These are just mid-tier units, too. The scary part is those odds only show the guys applying, not the guys like me waiting until they have enough points to (hopefully) draw.

Wow, what the heck happened? The WY ANT Doe I put in for went from ~80% odds in 2015 to 7% odds in 2016!

I was kind off looking forward to hunting pronghorn on more than the 3k acres we hunt in CO. Maybe we'll get super lucky.

Big point jump again this year. I can't believe that units we used to hunt with 0 points now take 2 points. :(

Not that I don't have enough on my plate this fall, but if I would've applied for the deer unit I've been chasing for 5 years I would've finally gotten it. Hopefully it doesn't jump back up again.

Looks like we missed on p-horn unless we got lucky in the random.

If you have a HMA profile with the WY G&F, it'll tell you the valid licenses you hold for 2016. I had a party of two, pronghorn, in a good unit.

If you have a HMA profile with the WY G&F, it'll tell you the valid licenses you hold for 2016. I had a party of two, pronghorn, in a good unit.

Congrats Greenhorn!

Just read those draw stats...point creep definitely struck again. Wow.

Party of 2 coming up!
P6030206.jpg

Unless you're looking for one with a black cheek patch - then this guy might do?
P6080357.jpg

These are in a good unit :) I spend quite a bit of time out in some good units. I'll keep my eyes peeled and try to take some pics.
-Cade

Hopefully those lists are wrong. According to those reports the number of first choice applicants went through the roof in many zones for both doe and any antelope tags. Looks like my zone went from a easy draw as second choice to less than 100% for first choice. Doesn't seem right.

Good luck all.

I hate when I put in for a unit hoping to build points with no intention of getting a tag... What do you know, Successful for Wyoming Antelope.

Such an inconvenience ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back