2016 Montana Antelope drawing

Struck out on an either-sex tag, but drew a B tag in Region 3. Been unsuccessful the last 4 years on antelope so I'm just happy to draw anything.

700-20 antelope tag....looks like I get to head east for a few days this fall :)

I demand a redraw for antelope. I've drawn 3X the number of limited entry rifle bull elk tags (3) in the last six years as I have rifle antelope tags (1).

Good for you. Hope you find some and have a good time.

I demand a redraw for antelope. I've drawn 3X the number of limited entry rifle bull elk tags (3) in the last six years as I have rifle antelope tags (1).

You are welcome to join me in Wittiching these people who unfairly and unconstitutionally drew tags that rightly belong to you & I.

But first, you have to stop being nice to them.

Anybody know how many R7 A tags they gave out? Did they stick to 5000? Seems like a lot of people drew for it to just be 5000 tags.

Edit: I guess there were only 5700 1st choice applicants last year. Fewer than I thought there would have been.

Weird, draw odds last year were 5%. I was thinking it would be an easy way for an extra B-tag "point". 4 of us drew, 2 separate parties, and the only other 5 people that I know who applied for a 700 b permit, drew also. I'm thinking that's unlikely odds of a truthful FWP claim.

I drew a 700 either sex and a B as well.

And I'm not a lucky guy when it comes to tags...

A rifle A tag in Wyoming and Montana? What a problem to have :)

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone who drew! I didn't put in for antelope this year as my 11 month old chessie is going hunting for her first season and will get all my spare time.

Does anybody know why if you drew a bow/rifle tag why you can't start bowhunting until September, but the 900 tag allows you to bowhunt from August through the end of the season? Seems to me that if you wanted to go after one with your bow, but you have a tag that's good for bow or rifle, then there'd be a common start date with the 900 tag....am I missing something?

Does anybody know why if you drew a bow/rifle tag why you can't start bowhunting until September, but the 900 tag allows you to bowhunt from August through the end of the season? Seems to me that if you wanted to go after one with your bow, but you have a tag that's good for bow or rifle, then there'd be a common start date with the 900 tag....am I missing something?

Improves rifle odds.

MTHunter, I quote Julian from Trailer Park boys "that's just the way she goes boys". I'm glad someone has a non-joking answer to this. I've always wondered but never really dug into it.

Man, what a jump from last year for Region 7 buck tags going from 3,000 to 5,000. Now THAT is going to be a circus opening weekend!

I'm guessing they really increased the 700 quota, A and B. Out of the three I know of we all drew B tags and two A tags.

I'm guessing they really increased the 700 quota, A and B. Out of the three I know of we all drew B tags and two A tags.

Yea, from 3,000 to 5,000 according to the regs. Also according to the regs, every 700 unit had 100 B tags which is the same as last year...

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back