Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2015 Spring Black Bears

Super! Love the color! I'm starting to think the moderate case size is where I'll be in the future. Well done!

Very nice bear, and good shooting!

I think I'll FINALLY make it out this weekend, legal bears better be wary.

Great bear Snowy! That front paw looks pretty massive in the pic w/the rifle. I'd be on cloud 9 with a bear like that.

Beautiful bear Snowy!

Can't ask for a much better bear than that.

Great looking bear Mr. Snowy and a helluva poke! Congrats! Interesting snow shoes in the photo, what brand are they? User friendly?
They are MSR Denali's. I've used most upper end models from MSR, Tubbs, and Atlas, as well as a few cheaper brands like Yukon Charlie. The MSR deck is basically indestructible, which is why I like them for spring bear. I end up just keeping them on for short sections of trail between the snow. The MSR binding is kinda cheesy but they are easy to fix in the field; I did break a strap once.

For actual snowshoeing the Atlas 10, 12, and BC series are better in my opinion. The binding is really nice for sidehilling and they are pretty well built as well.

I've seen a few while out working. Picked up this picture the other day though. Don't want to run into him out working!

Attachments

• CDY_0005.jpg
    CDY_0005.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,340
Yea I'm pretty sure it's a griz. There's been reports of one in that area for a while but this is the first picture I've gotten in 4 years of trying.

Nice bear! I miss hunting in Wyoming. Nice camo too, your gun doesn't match your tops and bottoms.

I'm jealous, been out a ton and haven't seen much at all.

That changed over the weekend, didn't it? What did we count, ten bears in two days including one of the largest boars I've ever seen?

You walked my ass off man, and I'm dragging like an old tired dog....worth every step!

If you kill that giant bastard, I want to be the first to know!!!

Where is your bear Greenhorn. I have been waiting to see this monster or new record?. If it is bigger than psinclair's and he said its the largest? CANT WAIT
WTF?????

I posted this photo on Facebook so some of you may have seen it already, forgive the repost. Biggest bear I've ever seen in Colorado or Alaska, and we don't have a spring season!

Tanner

I posted this photo on Facebook so some of you may have seen it already, forgive the repost. Biggest bear I've ever seen in Colorado or Alaska, and we don't have a spring season!

Tanner

Wow. Can't imagine how big he will be after a summer full of berry grazing.

I had a Wisconsin friend fork out the money for a non-resident tag. I made absolutely sure he understood there was non guarantees on getting him one in six days. First 5 hours into the hunt he missed a black one due to "bear fever". I was secretly hoping that wasn't his only chance for the week. Day 2 of his hunt I spotted this bear in a creek bottom, a short stalk, along with a Partition through the lungs and he had his first bear, and first western big game animal. I was shocked, two chances in two days? He was pumped, and the pressure was off me. Thinking I wouldn't ever be the shooter while he was here, the roles suddenly changed and I began packing a gun...

Attachments

• IMG_3234.jpg
    IMG_3234.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,067

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back