2015 Spring Black Bears

Great spring bear hunting thread. Thanks to all that posted about their hunts. Fun reading.

Here's my bear and bear hunting buddy. She wasn't so smiley when we got to the trailhead after 3am.

I'm guessing your charm level dropped 10 points for every 1/2 hour extra you kept her out:D Women have no sense of humor sometimes.

Men remember the hunt and not the pain associated with it. Woman remember the pain more than the hunt. That might not always be true, but it's been my experience.

I'd be a liar to say there was no whining, but I was whimpering too. She carried out almost 60lbs of meat. 3.5 hours one way, with most of the unhappiness being off trail. That's pretty great considering it's more than half her body weight. She was along on some of the better days this year, including when Pat Sinclair went along. We ended up around 12 miles from the truck at dark in an area polluted with fresh griz tracks - after making an unsuccessful run at a super big black bear. She saw the three best bears I saw this spring, and only had to go about 7 or 8 times.

Awesome bear greenhorn!! Congrats to everyone that got bears this spring. I Spent probably 30 days bear hunting this spring and struggled more than most years. Did end up seeing 24 bears with 11 being grizzlies, and only one really good bear that we didn't get a chance at that was 6.5 foot. I was able to take a real pretty blonde bear in the end of May. Unfortunately my girlfriend wasn't able to get one this spring, but she did get a chance at least at a small blonde. I will try and post a picture of my bear soon.

Some great looking bears taken. Congrats guys.

I used my luck and energy early this year, and have tapered off quite a bit these last couple weeks. It's been so hot hunting's been a chore. I think all told I've seen 16 bears this spring. Two big boars, one before season and one I wussed out on that I wish I would've went after.

With the crazy weather this spring I've been able to get into places I'd have never figured to be spring bear hunting in.

2015-06-05%2019.01.14_zpso6m6jt93.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back