2013 Gear Updates

Doh !!!...just saw this thread. Last week I sold this MountainSmith sled on ebay to someone in CO Springs for $100
ps. I rarely buy gear new. Most everything I own is top quality brand names that I find at swapmeets for next to nothing. I paid $10 for this sled.

I saw that on Ebay, and almost jumped on it.

Few new things... Kifaru pack, and a Kimber Montana, and maybe a Exped UL7, not sure yet. I got some other gear to dump to inlcude a couple rifles and a pack or two. I think I've about run out of things to upgrade, and thats not a bad thing.

dustinf Keep us posted on your testing and uses.

Don't forget to reach out to us if you have any questions on the pack or other gear!

And share some pics of you using the pack!

Swarovski Z3 3-10x42 for my .300WM - done. Mounted and sighted in, can't wait for the practical application!

A good day pack - soon, still looking for the 'right' one to come along.

Replenish the reloading supplies - who thought this would have been so hard? I've managed to stockpile enough to last a long time. Just wish I could find some 22 shells.
Though not on the wish list I came across a 300 whisper barrel for my Encore that i had to have and a deal on a Walther PPK to good to pass up. My budget stretched far enough for a Wyoming 'lope tag too.

Dad got some new metal, now he can continue to shoot from the him.

Hip_zps3547d3d8.jpg

Well hopefully we will get an update on both.

My big upgrades this year included the MR Metcalf pack and the Golite Shangri-La 3. I have had the tent for about 3 weeks and I still haven't been able to set it up. The damn snow keeps coming. I got a Jetboil Flash for Christmas also.

On my list:

New sleeping bag for the boy. He needs it for Boy Scout camps and an adventure that I haven't even told him about yet.

A new 3 person/3 season tent. He gets to use my old 1995 tent and I get a new one.

Boots for the boy. He's 5'7" and 13 years old. I never made 5'7" and he reminds me of it every day.

Boots for me. I have a 2000' pair of Mendels and Kenetrek mountain extreams, but my much older brother turns 60 this year and he is planning a 20 mile hike to commerate the day. Hope we don't have to call in a helo.

Well hopefully we will get an update on both.

The Kifaru didn't make it much past the order stage. My camera equipment just adds too much pack weight, and I was nervous about it handling daily heavy loads.

In hindsight, I should have sold my 6500 and Crew Cab bags, kept my nice frame, and tried the Metcalf bag.

The Outdoorsmans seems to be a great pack so far. I did 3.5 miles with 50lbs in it, and it felt good. I've always been nostalgic towards external frames, and this one(so far) seems to work well.

deer_shooter what are your initial thoughts, likes and dislikes with you Swaro Z3 Swarovski Z3 3-10x42

dustinf would you share some pics of you Outdoorsmans pack loaded up?

GoPro Hero 3 - check
Promotion to Major - check
Deployment to sand box so I can afford more stuff next year - checks in the mail and payable this August...uggghhh

I bought a savage action to build my wife a rifle last year then she needed a new transmission
more than a new rifle so that plan was put on hold.

It looks like we're in for another busy fire season so I should be able to rebuild my fun fund and finish
her gun.

deer_shooter what are your initial thoughts, likes and dislikes with you Swaro Z3 Swarovski Z3 3-10x42

dustinf would you share some pics of you Outdoorsmans pack loaded up?

The clarity is superb. I really like it so far. No dislikes yet but haven't been able to do much shooting. I picked it up at cabelas on sale for ~$900 so all things considered, not too bad. The Z6 is really nice but way out of my range.

The clarity is superb. I really like it so far. No dislikes yet but haven't been able to do much shooting. I picked it up at cabelas on sale for ~$900 so all things considered, not too bad. The Z6 is really nice but way out of my range.

Thanks for the information!

We have a customer that is inquiring on the Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44. But, he is not sure if he wants 2 of the Z3s or Z5s....

This is his firs European glass purchase, he's pretty excited!

Well since I will be Taliban hunting for the 2013 season I won't need anything new until the 2014 season. But upon my return I will be "deployment rich" so I will be buying a new
Big Agnes 15* down mummy bag
Big Agnes Q-Core SL sleeping pad
Vortex Razor HD 10x42 binos.
New Rocket Cams for my Hoyt Alpha Max
New strings and cables
And the new Metcalf bag to supplement my Longbow bag.

Vortex binos & rhino gps.
Need a new scope for my son's 7mm08, and front end work / up-keep on the huntin' rig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back