Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2013 Gear Updates

T Bone

What gear do you plan on updating before next season?

For me 3 things come to mind.

1) a new 15-20 degree sleeping bag (my current is 8 years old and has a funk about it)
2) a new sled (utility type snow sled to pull out dead elk on the snow)
3) good A/T tires for the truck

Cost....probably about $1400 all combined.

I'm putting together a rifle for 2013.

Other than that, I need to save all my disposable income for the 3 sheep and 2 goat tags I'm going to draw...

In the coming year i hope to get my LR .338 RUM built, replace a couple scopes on my .30 calibre rifles with Nightforces and find out where i can get the cheapest pair of meindl island pro's to replace the ones that went walk about from a hunting camp the other month...

ps don't tell the wife about the scope/rifle upgrades...they would never understand anyways..

I find myself needing a new pair of boots, shook some stuff out of the garage to pay for them. Other then that I got nothing.

Well I jumped the gun a little bit. I just ordered a set of vortex viper hd binos. Found a good deal on them over on Archery talk.

I just got one of the FNF bino holder/range finder holder combos. I guess that doesn't count for 2013 though!

I will be putting in for a bunch of tags for sure.

I just got one of the FNF bino holder/range finder holder combos. I guess that doesn't count for 2013 though!

I will be putting in for a bunch of tags for sure.

Just picked one up to after Fin let me try it out in AZ. The crooked horn bino straps have now been retired and I won't fumble around looking for and possibly losing my rangefinder.

Last edited:
Must be nice to be so rich like everyone above..........

Don't let Dink fool you. He's only broke because he just took delivery on his new Tundra in "Winter Range Camo".

Attachments

• tundra.jpg
    tundra.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 1,312
FHF Gear is the best out there. Have a few pieces but plan on having Paul make a few "custom" items in the new year....and maybe a new Votex rangefinder to fill them up!

Don't let Dink fool you. He's only broke because he just took delivery on his new Tundra in "Winter Range Camo".

I saw him driving it home from the dealer in Denver, he had a smile bigger than a single man taking a walk in Cheeseman Park on a Saturday night. :hump:

The never ending search for the perfect backpacking shelter will continue as always, there's always something new I want to try.

More of a wish list than a for sure upgrade list:
Glock 10mm
A GPS that receives some dang satelite signals
If the stars align maybe some better optics
A rifle "for my wife"...
Santa brought a DSLR so thats off the list

FHF Gear is the best out there. Have a few pieces but plan on having Paul make a few "custom" items in the new year....and maybe a new Votex rangefinder to fill them up!

Just picked one up to after Fin let me try it out in AZ. The crooked horn bino straps have now been retired and I won't fumble around looking for and possibly losing my rangefinder.

Of all the items I added this year, that is the best upgrade of all. Paul makes amazing stuff, which would be expected from a guy who is a very serious hunter. And in his role with the Police Department, knows what a shooter needs.

Go to his link here.

http://www.fhfgear.com/

You might have to wait a while, given how busy he is, but I can assure you it will be worth the wait. If you do buy something, let him know if you heard about it here.

Oak,

You have no idea how many rigger truck like this one run around this state. Although this one is of the upper class. Nice score.

Hoping to replace my old Leopold Gold Ring Bino's with a set of Vortex Viper HD and replace my old worn out hunting boots.

Back