2013 AZ Archery Bull

You definitely put the time and legwork in for a 450" bull. You're due for an easy on on the next go-round.

Congrats on a hard earned trophy!

Stan, congrats on a very good bull on what I'm sure was a tough hunt. I met a friend of my cousin's in early August who had the same tag. I offered to give him a hand calling or packing, even though I'm probably not exactly what most experienced hunters would consider as 'help'. He had his sights at 350+ for his tag.

After Day 6, he texted me and told me to get up there asap to call for him. That he kept getting busted on every set up and that the unit was hunting so much different than when he scouted. Unfortunately for him (and me) I'm at the tail end of 3 straight weeks of work, without a day off. Trying to finish up so I can try to get a leftover limited opp cow down in unit 1. I still haven't heard from him and whether he even killed.

Nothing at all wrong with your bull - it is what hard hunting for 14 days, with all the breaks good and bad, produced. Definitely some tough conditions by the sound of things.

Sounds like a great hunt. Congrats on leaving it all there in the hills and a great archery bull.

I really wish you would have got to release an arrow on your first choice, but I'm also so grateful that hunting is still hunting. You versus them on their terms with no guarantees. Thanks for the read as it helps me re-affirm why I hunt.

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Great Job Stan, I know it was a tough hunt this year and you stuck it and and that is a great bull. Sorry we did not get together for some cuddle time

Excellent, Stan. Even if he is not the one you worked so hard to get, still a bull that will give you fond memories and a year of good eats. Congrats.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back