2013 - A year in pictures

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
It has been a great year for the Hunt Talk crowd. Figured we would add a little reflection to the wonderful highlights of the 2013 hunting season. To provide incentive for people to post a picture, I am going to give away a set of Seasons 1 to 4 of On Your Own Adventures and a hooded sweatshirt to someone who posts a picture in this thread.

Here are the guidelines.

Post a pic, ONLY ONE PIC, that is your favorite memory of 2013. Can be hunting, fishing, or life in general. You don't get any extra points for posting more than one pic, so keep it to one.

You get a one-sentence caption to tell us about the pic.

It was a great year. I had many great hunts, with many great people. Since I am not in the drawing, I will start with my favorite pic of the year, which is hard to choose from so many great hunts and great days with family and friends.

IMG_1938.JPG
Memories of a great elk hunt, with great guys, in the wilds of Wyoming, make me long for the day I can take my son to this special place and enjoy another great hunt with him.

Please post yours. When I get back from SHOT Show in mid-January, I will draw a winner from all those who have posted a pic.

P.S. If you don't know how to post a pic, got to post #7 in this thread ------> http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=231193

Looking forward to some cool images.

My parents were moving out of their house. They found some old Hamms beer glasses from the 70's and gave them to me. I just tried them out.

Attachments

• miscallel 127.JPG
    miscallel 127.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 2,480
Ken Jr after his first drag out...note the t-shirt remnant far right in the hock for handhold. He was bushed.

Bird camp in ILL. Duck hunting was slow, but we limited every day on pheasants. 11 limits over three mornings with my two dogs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 2,418
The most perfect pronghorn hunt of all time, for many reasons, with a great friend.

IMG_1134.JPG

Watching my 2yr old son reel in his first fish on a fly rod.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 2,422
I took this pic last winter on a hike on the edge of the Scapegoat.

Attachments

• DSCF0791.jpg
    DSCF0791.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2,285
Family Outing to WY

This was our first family hunt to WY and we continued our tradition of using whatever is available where we are to spell out our name and year for a family photo.

Attachments

• DSC01069 (640x480).jpg
    DSC01069 (640x480).jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 2,354
photo.jpg
To me this photo perfectly encompasses that feeling we all work so hard for every year, as one of my best hunting buddies notches his general tag for the 170" buck he killed.

Tagging my first bull with a bow, needless to say it took a few days for the high to wear off ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 2,229
This spot-and-stalk spring bear squared over 7 feet, but my favorite part is how hard I worked over 11 days before connecting the dots. Hard work finally culminating with a brutal pack-out... that is what this picture means to me.

Attachments

• DSC_0250.jpg
    DSC_0250.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,168
My daughter was seriously ill last winter but made a full recovery.Not much else mattered to mom and dad.

Attachments

• P1020807.jpg
    P1020807.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,133
Very hard for me to pick my favorite picture of 2013, but the one thing they all have in common is this beautiful bull elk.

2013_Wy_Elk2.jpg

A very difficult choice, but this photo won out. It was the first day in the field with one of my girls where they were the ones hunting.

Attachments

• Mariah deer hunt.jpg
    Mariah deer hunt.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,074
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back