Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2012 WY Pronghorn

BuzzH

I posted some pictures of this guy a couple weeks ago.

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

I really liked the looks of that buck and decided to make a run at him on opening day.

I got off work late on Thursday and drove to a spot where I thought I could relocate that buck. Sure enough Friday morning I find him. I got a chance to look him over some more, got some more video and then backed off him to a distant ridge.

Later on Friday night, I moved so the sun was at my back and glassed up the buck again here at the base of the hill. I watched him move into the same spot I found him during the morning hours.

IMG_5043.JPG

I couldnt help but notice the sunset:

IMG_5042.JPG

I woke up pretty early this Morning after a night of tossing and turning, like I always do before a hunt. I made my way out to the ridge where I'd seen the buck the morning before. Like clockwork, I found him feeding his way up the draw I'd seen him in the previous day. I snuck around and got in front of him. Just as the sun was beginning to rise in the East I was lined up and ready for the shot. I was in no hurry as there were no other hunters anywhere and I hadnt even heard a distant shot. I watched him feed his way toward me, ranged him at 353 yards. I worked the bolt on the rifle and as he stopped to look around I put the leupold dot on his shoulders and pressed the trigger. I heard the thump of the bullet and he lurched forward and piled up in some sagebrush, shot squarely through the heart. Just a great hunt all the way around. Its pretty tough to top a hunt for pronghorn in Wyoming.

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

That's a great buck! So is this one of the ones that we were having the scoring size argument over? I don't really care about scores since I've only shot 2 lopers anyway.

Congrats again great picts as well.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back