Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2009 in pictures

mtmiller

Recently I was asked when I was going to start this annual thread. I know there are still some hunts going on (Big Fin for one), but I think we can now get this thing going for 2009 success pics.

We have done this for several years and it has turned out to be a pretty good thread.

Rules

• Only one 2009 critter in a post, but you can have multiple pictures of the same critter or pics from that hunt.
  • No blowing your load, you can not post back to back pictures of different hunts or critters. Someone else must post a pictures before you can add another.
  • Comments are fine, but you have to included a picture to respond.
  • This is for all critter hunts

I will start this shing-ding with pics from my first big game hunt of the year, Montana archery pronghorn. This one went well with a 14 yard shot and 2 yard recovery. Only downside was a broken rod on my blind, thankfully I am vertically challenged.

P1080490-1.jpg

P1080492-1.jpg

P1080527-1.jpg

P1080536-1.jpg

I hope to see success pics from folks new to the board this year. Carry on.

Last edited:
I myself have not shot anything since Sept,18th,07. I've spent the last couple years helping the kids fill some tags. This year was a decent year with lots of time spent out doors with a couple of my boys. This is Brayden's first whitetail. He's shot a couple respectful mulies over the last couple years and had a bet going with his brother as to who would shoot the first whitetail this year. We hit a small draw with some bush boardering a small creek. I dropped the 2 pushers of at one end and took Brayden down a couple hundred yards to a bottle neck. We snuck over the edge to see what would come by. As the 2 pushed the bottom this guy snuck ahead of them and as it hit the bottle neck it stopped to look back. My son asked if he should shoot it and almost at the same time as I said it was up to him he planted it right in his tracks at about 40 yards.
12.jpg

I spent a whole lot of time trying to entertain myself right here. Although it looks nice, after about 10 hours, I was fantasizing about my couch and Television.
IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

I never did get very good photos of the buck. I spent every free minute I had during the archery season after him. I had 3 close calls, all in range, the last time I had a gimme 60 yard shot and just knew I could easily close it to 40. Something happened, I don't think he could have winded me, saw me, or heard me.. but for some reason he blew out to about 120 and stopped long enough to let me really get a good look at him. At that point I knew I'd just blown my chance at the probable #1 all-time P&Y pronghorn for Montana, and on a piece of public land. This picture was taken the day before the rifle season, from about 1000 yards. Once the rut was over, there was no closing the gap to bow range.
lope2009-3-1.jpg

The following day..
deadbuck.jpg

MTpronghorn2009-2.jpg

Here are a few pics of my Fiance's frist big game animal or hunt for that matter she was a real trooper but I would not recommend a pronghron hunt as a 1st lots of up and downs but in the end it was all worth it!!

Attachments

• alicia antelope 09-03.jpg
    alicia antelope 09-03.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,303
  • alicia antelope 09-01.jpg
    alicia antelope 09-01.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,356
  • alicia antelope 09-07.jpg
    alicia antelope 09-07.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,237
I usually always start the year with some coyote hunting. Got a new 22-250 for x-mas and shot this dog right after the first of the year
Coyotes08007.jpg

Here's a few of mine...

Spring triplets
DSC01912.jpg

Dispached a wounded doe
crop23.jpg

165 yd. muzz. kill
untitled.jpg

All packed out
023crop.jpg

My girl's ready
Megstealth08.jpg

I didn't get a whole lot of hunting in this year but what I did get to do I enjoyed immensely. I hunted with my dad in New Mexico for an antelope and got some scouting pictures of the buck I ended up taking. Here's an early summer picture while he was still putting on some horn, one through the scope a couple of weeks before the season and then the finished priduct.

Attachments

• CIMG0898.jpg
    CIMG0898.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,127
  • P1060120.jpg
    P1060120.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,153
  • buck1.jpg
    buck1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,160
nice lope spitz!

first hunt of the fall. didn't pack a rifle much this fall but had a blast with family and friends:

Last edited:
I wish I had pics to show of a monster muley from the badlands but I couldn't make it happen, maybe next year. So this is my ND antelope, I was lucky to draw the tag two years in a row, I probably won't se another one for 3-4 years. A hard winter last year made the goat hunting tough but we were able to find the guy just before dark on the second to last day. I am very happy with him, he is a nice goat for ND.
NDAntelope099-1[1].jpg

NDAntelope095-1-1[1].jpg

First Big game hunt of this year for me. Wyoming trophy doe hunt. Looks like I got her by choking her to death.

Attachments

• 091209Antelope.jpg
    091209Antelope.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 887
Here is a pic of a badger that tried to out run me. I'm sure Buschy was laughing at me as I was running through the field chasing him. Catching him wasn't the problem it was him stopping long enough to try get a shot before he got to his hole.

I had the last laugh when I convinced him to reach down in the hole and pull him out.

Attachments

• Hunt talk badger.jpg
    Hunt talk badger.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 870
Here is a picture of my son with his first antelope taken in Wyoming.

DSCF3132.jpg

The first hunt of 2009 took place in late Febuary for me.

P1170374.jpg

P1170366.jpg

P1170539.jpg

P1170375.jpg

This one was a ways away
P1170267.jpg

P1170531.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member