2008 Spot and Stalk Coues

WHT_MTNMAN

I took this buck Christmas Eve after a bunch of stalks and missed bucks the last couple of years. Not a huge buck around 85 inches but the hardest animal I've ever hunted..
100_0033.jpg

100_0003.jpg

A definite trophy, regardless of score.

Congrats on a hunt you will fondly remember.

You've just achieved one of the hardest challenges known to all hunters. Killing a trophy Coues buck on the ground with a bow and arrow. Big time congratulations on a beautiful buck.....I'm jealous, as I need one of those. :)

You've just achieved one of the hardest challenges known to all hunters. Killing a trophy Coues buck on the ground with a bow and arrow. Big time congratulations on a beautiful buck.....I'm jealous, as I need one of those. :)

..helluva compliment I'd say.

Congrats.

Congratulations. Those are beautiful looking animals. Being stubborn and sticking with it after misses and other hardships makes the payoff that much sweeter. Quite an accomplishment and well done!

Very nice!!! Did you put a tape to him? He looks bigger than 85". No matter, good job!!!

An 85" coues with a bow is a monster no matter what anyone says. hell most people won't kill one that big with a rifle......Congrats on a great buck..........

You know I missed two bucks in one calender year one 110+ and one 102-105ish. I thought after that I was doomed to never get er done.. Thanks for the good words.
Roy- From the beginning you've been a great inspiration to me and many bowhunters, thanks for answering my questions.

I glassed this buck up early morning watched him and two smaller bucks bed down in a rocky depression, almost didn't go after them because of the very difficult stalk and being Christmas Eve.. Got within 35 yards and he started to sneak out and I put one in just behind his last rib on his right side excited just behind opposite shoulder and he went 40 yards or so. I had just let my wife take my camera with her, so I packed him out whole, 2-3 hours and then went and bought a new camera, drove back to close proximity and took these pictures off my tripod :) now you know the rest of the story.

I had just let my wife take my camera with her, so I packed him out whole, 2-3 hours and then went and bought a new camera, drove back to close proximity and took these pictures off my tripod :)

Haha....you forgot to tell me that part of the story!!! That's classic!

That is a great buck. I am thinking seriously about an archery hunt down there next year, but still have to educate myself on areas and dates. congrats....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back