2007 in pictures

Elk hunt 2007. Great trip with Dad and Wyoelkhunter.

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 398
Couple Alaska flying livers.
P1000490-2.jpg

Idaho Hunt

Packin In and packin out

Attachments

• 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 359
  • Kelsi-4.jpg
    Kelsi-4.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 349
not a hunting trip but defiently the best trip I did in '07
What mtns are those, Wyodeerhunter?

My brother and I got into the high country last summer...

Mt Rainier base camp
rainier13.jpg

We were denied once again by weather. Giving it another go this Aug...
rainier08.jpg

Here is an elk taken by my buddy on our trip to Colorado. Any guesses on the score? He never scored it.

PA150336.jpg

Awesome pics guys!

Billygoat,
Those are the windriver mts here in WY. We did a lot of backpacking this summer and that trip was to the Cirque of the Towers. Very cool place. I'm jealous of your pics though, I would love to do that! Looks cold but also looks like it would be worth it in the end! Very cool pics.

Here's a pic of some great mule deer habitat. In the pic theres a bedded buck but hes kinda hard to see. It was a great mule deer tag to have and hopefully I'll have it again in 08. That lake doesn't have a name but man did it have some HUGE cutts in it.

Last edited:
Best hunt of 2007, wish I hadn't missed it

I missed my first hunting season in over 15 years this year, due to an overseas deployment in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Bad part of it was, it was the hunting season I have been looking forward to since my son was born, his first hunt as an Idaho licensed big game hunter. He has been doing great on ducks and small game for a couple years, but this was "the year", what father does not dream of chasing deer and elk with his son ( if they don't, they should ). Lucky for me and Dakota, I am blessed with great friends. Leonard took my little guy out, three times, and although they saw some bucks, this "trophy doe" finally put a smile on Dakota's face. Looks like I will miss the 2008 archery season as well, but I am already planning deer and elk rifle hunts with Dakota in ID and a trip to SD for pheasants. Many thanks to you guys at HUNT TALK, I walked the mountains of the west vicariously this year through your posts and photos.

Opening day rifle buck, SD. A big assist from my son. This year he'll be packing his own tags and rifle.

102_0264.jpg

Looking forward to seeing some more Kodiak goat pics in 2008. Here are a couple shots from 2007.
goat090.comp.jpg

P1000333_edit.jpg

I helped this gal get a goat back in late September. It's a 9" nanny, but she made a great shot.

2007GoatHunt.jpg

Had another group of goats go around the Mt after the shot.

2007GoatHunt2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back