Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2006 WY bear

Congrats Buzz! Those color phase bears are great! You should be proud of that one, it will make a beautiful rug!

Stab,

You dont know your ass from hot rocks...let alone what a tanned bear hide looks like.

I have killed 11 black bears, some tanned,some rugged some sold that bear is tanned. Lets hear from the masses. Clues what to look for later.

Nice bear Buzz, looking forward to the field shots

stab, you can call Buzz on a few things, but critter collecting ain't one of them...I hope you call Buzz on this and then respond with facts

Miller,

I tell you what...packing in that tanned hide was a real pain-in-the-ass for the field photos...even rained on the tanned hide!

Next time I'll pick a sunny day for the photos of my tanned bear.

I also wont be wasting a long-distance call to Greenhorn asking about areas to find bears just to take pictures of a tanned hide either. May not even drive 5-6 hours for those photos either...hell...wont even bother with buying a bear tag...save $37 on that alone.

Sorry Buzz, I even fugged up the double negative. I meant "not critter collecting..." Man that is twice today, I could fugg up a wet dream.:D Seriously, looking forward the the field shots. Now to find my protractor and draw a 5 hour circle from Laramie.:D

As much as I like Buzz, You are wrong stab if that is tanned it is a shitty tan you can see the salt on the feet and the mouth. Good bear Buzz

S.T.A.B. (Stupid Troll Annoying BuzzH):D

Regardless of the accusations, BuzzH that is one awesome colored bear. I'm envious as can be!

I have to admit, my first impression was that the bear was already tanned.
I was going to keep my mouth shut until sombody chimmed in first.

The way the hide hangs in the garage looks like it's either got support or tanned. Green hide hanging usually hangs like a wet towel. Also the edges are'nt curled as would happen after salting, unless it was really worked in good. Lips usually look red even after salting cause it doesn't get worked in real well.Just struck me as being tanned.

Could just be a really good job of salting. Will wait for the kill photo's hopfully they will have a date on the pic's.

I'd say theres a couple people who need to work at a taxidermy shop for a while or learn how the hell to recognize a salted hide.

For Christ sake, a salted hide will dry out like a tater-chip to the point you can barely fold them.

The only thing bogus about Buzz is his political ideology;) ...his hunting creds are top notch all the way.

Clue #2=The pic of the bear hanging in the garage, see the inside hide down by the leg, that is tanned leather not freshly skinned

stab,

Let us all know when you really do find a clue...

What you're looking at is a bear hide thats been properly skinned, fleshed, and salted.

If you think thats tanned leather...its obvious you've never been anywhere near a bag of solar mixing salt and properly prepared hides/capes.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back