Moosie

Grand poopa
THIS year 2002, I'm going to Texas with about 20 Hunttalk.com'ers...

NEXT year, 2003, it is Sasketchuan.. Bear hunting in the spring....

THE following year I'm planning a 'bou hunt IN AK.... I know it's WAY WAY friggin Early, but who would be interested ?!~?~?~ I don't have any prices right yet, but will know laterthis year. I'm gonigto talk to several outfiters.

I'm thinking about a fly-in drop off camp. THIS camp will be limited to the Rough and the tough. I don't want to babysit any kids/wussy hunters in the Back country
TAKE you time and timk about it, It's in the Planning stage right now
!!!!

HMMMMMM that sounds interesting.I might be able to swing that one Moose.I have wanted to hunt 'bou for quite sometime.So yes I would be interested in that one.

KRAVEN.. maybe ya didn't read my post about Wussy hunters... ;) HAHA J/K bud !!!!! I'd be honored to have ya in my camp. WILL have more info later this year.. just doingthe "MARKET" test right now :cool:

After you make a 'man' of me in the hills this spring will I be elevated from Wussy status??? I noticed that you didn't say nothing about NERDS. I would be extremely interested in a hunt such as this, given that time and finances would allow.

What's this about Moosie making a man out of 1-pointer??? Ugh, I'm not watching that....

I'd sure be interested Moosie, but you know about how guys always say their interested, and then when it comes down to putting up or shutting up, they shut up!! ;) :rolleyes:

I can tell you right now it would have to be early in the season...mid Aug., or it would interfere with school. (unless I get busy and finish before then) :rolleyes:

Oak

WELL... I talked with TONY up in AK just a few mins ago, HE's fireing me off all the info an I should have PLAN in hand in a couple of weeks...

LGB,If I take this group, PLEASE notify the search and rescue ;)

ELKHUNTER, The more the merrier, IS LB planning to come too ?!?!

1-pointer, I'll make a man out of ya, JUST don't give all my secrets out on the net now.. YA hear ;)

Shingle Monkey, A Hoosier is Always Welcome !! I think WE can WACK-UM and Stack um.. EH BUD ?!?! There are black bears, not as many as Cannada, but some for the taking for sure !!! I specifically asked him about that for ya :D

OAK, Quit buying guns And pistols and save the few $$'s you have left. I'd sure like to share a 'Bou hunt with ya !!!

AND You';re right aboutthe put up or shut up, When the time comes, I'll need a deposite to hold some spots, Only the Serious clan is going to go. I will also Limit this hunt in the #'s that go. I like people, BUT I like game too... Although those herds are in the 200,000's + .... I still want to choose 2 hogs for Myself !!!!!!!

KEEP this in mind and Get ready to send the Deposits when I post the info :D :D.

Maybe they'll give a group discount.

Can we meet in Idaho and then take the group plane from there, if its feasible, at a discount? If we took a group boat from there that would allow time to visit, etc. There ought to be a group discount, there's power in numbers, unless they have rock bottom prices to start with.

Then we could car pool to Idaho. Driving or boating to Alaska is pretty hard and long.

Tom,
I think Moosie is going to be flying us all up on the HuntTalk Corporate jet.

Oscar,
LB will more than likely be staying behind. Hence the name, Left Behind ;)

If this hunt pans out and whoever goes. Buy a wolf tag, its only $30 for a non-res and whack some of those critters if you get a chance.

I am interested, keep us posted.
Timeing might be an issue, I find it hard to take more than a week at a time off from work. as soon as you can, give us some basic details.

Guided or drop camp ?

What other game might be availble ?

Will you be makeing a man out of anyone else, and how much do you charge ?

How much $ are we talking ?

Moosie, I have hoped to do a 'bou hunt before I get too old, so this might be a great time. The time off is not a problem, but the time of year is. Hopefully this hunt would be early enough in the season that it won't get in the way of other big game pursuits. Keep the information coming.

WOW.... GOT a few GO's .. a Few MAybe's.. SOUNDS cool !!

Anaconda, As far as making a "MAN" out of anyone, I'm starting with 1-pointer this spring.. Going to hump him up and down the hills after bear. the cost is Free of charge
We'll see how it goes ... :eek:

I don't have any of the details... I'll be talking with a few outfitters and working on a deal. Trying to make the best deal for all... I'm talking with TONY right now because Bills been recomending him and his prices are right.... We'll see what the deal is and all the info. He's sending me a packet right now//// Liek I said, I still haven't posted the Saskatchewan bear hunt in the spring yet. KEEP that in fmind first

I'll have more info later (REAL SOON) !!

MT, the hunt would run the .. ohhh.. lets say the 2nd week in Sept. the weather cools down enuf forthe Skeeters to go away but isn't late Sept so the Snow won;t be a 100% change.... Kind of the best time (So I've heard. Hell I'm no expert :cool:

IF anyoen has good info on good deals fire me a Email.. I'[m open to different suggestions right now.... THANX again !!!

I am now officially takin donations so I can go too. :D

2 yrs to save up.....hummmm....by then I will be 2 yrs short again. :rolleyes:

Waitin for the details...

I just dropped by Tonys web site. Looks great except one thing....the air fare is going to kill us.

Flight to Anchorage, another flight to Illana, then an air taxi to camp

Crap, by the time I get home, I'll have two grand wrapped up in airplane tickets

This sounds fun!
I will try to get my funding together. Count me in as a maybe. I've been wanting to put one of these things in the freezer. Will there be fishing? I might try driving to Ancorage. I have an uncle to visit any way. Is a 22 long rifle big enough if we see a bear or something!!! :D :D :D !!!I have two of these fine weapons if some one wants to borrow one....

Elkchsr, 22!!! man, we dont have any elephants up here, why such a monster of a caliber :D

Anaconda, I hear you about the airfare thing. Its pretty bad when I can fly to detroit (round trip) than fly in state to about 90% of the cities. 2 years ago I hunted bou outside of Iliamna and it cost me about $500 to fly there. Of course I didnt know I was going hunting till about 12 hours before the hunt though.

Word to the wise if you all do fly to Iliamna, dont expect to get your luggage on the same flight as you and fly out on the earliest flight possible. Usually you fly to Ili on a conveyer (spelled it wrong but its a twin turbo prop). They can fly alot of people but not much luggage. Plus it doesnt help when some hunters take like 5 large duffle bags per hunter. Your rifles will be on the plane though, that is one thing they are good about. If you take an early flight, that gives the rest of the day for Era to get your bags to you. Same thing coming back to los anchorage. We tipped the baggage guy in Ili $50 to make sure our bags got on and they were. Forget about getting antlers or your meat on the return flight. gonna have to ship them through an air cargo company.
This is just my expieriance though.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back