Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hell YES we gotta have da MOOSE!..I'm getting the name and the number of the truck/camper rental...hell, we can either rent two or take acouple of bivy tents to sleep in as well where ever we park the camper. A second truck/ camper will be no problem with 6 or 8 folks it would be about the same cost being split.

My brother is no bowhunter and he got all the 30 yard shots he wanted last year. He said it was one of the best times he has had in 8 years of hunting Alaska.

I say we limit it to 6-8 folks though, because he is sending me into his spot, and I don't wanna unload 30 folks on him..he might get pissed :rolleyes:

The haul road is a long one, and the migration route is as well.....so 8 of us out there may as well be one......no problem about being over crowded on the tundra.
DS

DS.... LET's tak when YOU get back from ALASKA>. We'll "FIRM" some CRAP up....

LEMME see... SASK. in the Spring, KY with DKO in the FALL... MONTANNA, IDAHO, OREGON, NEVADA, AZ, MAYBE TEXAS (TURKEY).... HUMMmmm THINK I should tell the wife yet ??!?

I'm guessing I might need to cut out something... OHHH HELL, I"LL just cut out the YARd WORK !! HAHAH !!!!!

THIS also depends if I don't get that 'LOPE hunt DS ;)

KY.......and the Quarters!!! :eek:

I have me, Indy, saving a spot for Dan, saving a spot for Buzz, Cali, Moosie and I want to save a spot for Jason Lee as I would like for him to have the chance to go with us.....so that is possibly 7, leaving room for maybe one more.

If Dan or Buzz or Jason opt out, then a couple more can squeeze in, but I want to give these guys a chance to respond.
DS

DAN... AS in DANR ? As in the guy that hunted Idaho last year and .. OHH wait, he didn't make it.... YOU mean the guy that went to TEXAS after paying the deposite and... .. OHH wait he backed out of that too.... YOU mean the guy that hunted in CALI for PIGs with all the guys that... OHHH wait he dropped out from there too..... YOU mean the guy that...... OHHHH NEver mind, MY fingers are getting tiered ;)

OHHH a different DAN.. MY bad ;)

Dan as in my hunting partner from California....aka Anaconda. My bad, I realize no one knows our real names on here ;)
DS

SO it sounds like I need to get a bow and start learning...what do you mean by a bow safety course? Is that a state course, or do you get it from an archery place/range? There is one not far from my house that is pretty good and does the 3-D shoots and stuff.

Cali.....I check the regs again when I get up there, but I'm sure they require a certificate saying you have completed a bow safety course...just like the hunter;s safety for rifle. You can take that where you live.

Just got off the phone and he said we are not likely to see any Blackies once we cross the range.....only grizz, and we can't shoot them. So it will be a two carribou limit.
He said the campers are real nice and sleep 3 real well and 4 tight. He just got those prices for me so if they go up by next year it should only be slightly.

He is promoting an early October hunt but I would rather late August or early September so it does clash with the opener for elk rifle season. He said the only draw backs to the early hunt is lots of "no-see-ums"..thats them little biting phuckers anyone whose ever been to Alaska knows about!
Knat size and smaller and they will eat your ass up!...plenty of bug spray!!!! :eek: ...the only other draw back is you would like to have snow for the possible sled out beyond the corridor....but some will harvest with a bow, and we will have enough folks to help pack for the ones who tag beyond the 5-mile corridor...plus there is always a chance of early snow.
DS

HELL DS, I will be able to pack out 2 bou myself.. Quit whining :D :D ..

ALSO, Idaho requires a certificate too. JUST an FYI.

I would rather pay a little extra and have more space. 4 sweaty guys with wet clothes, dirty socks, etc. in a cabover camper sounds naaaassssstyyyyy. Plus gear, food, cooking, and so on and it sounds pretty cramped.

CALI.. FETCHING CLEAN California FREAK !!!! Can't cuttle up ith a guy for a few days and Smell like socks/boody.... HOW the heck do you get any hunting done :D :D

INDY... COOL.... SOUNDS like it's comnig to place if you got that covered

As for the bowhunting requirements up here Most state courses are honored or IBEP.

Update.....

Jason Lee is definitely in.....that's great.
The time I staed to get to the haul road from Anchorage was incorrect. It does take the 8 hours from Anchorage to Fairbanks...then another 8 to 10 depending on how far north the herd is......determined by the time we choose to go. So that makes 16 to 18 hours of driving after we hit the ground.....can be done..but I have our guy researching renting the equipment from Fairbanks and flying in there.......may cost a $100 extra but would cut the drive time in half.....opinions????????

Cali....another option is to rent your own friggin truck......then you can jack off in private each night.......no smelley fellas to deal with......or, we can bring along a couple of bivys......don't really take up space under the plane.....and would allow for spiking outside of the camper for those that need space :rolleyes:

So we have me, Indy,Moosie, Cali, Jason.......and haven't heard from Buzz or Anaconda yet......so it's a hard 5 or a soft 7...sounds like craps.....or is that crap?

Oh..and the success rate is astronomical......like in the 90% range on two bou.........so even we can't phuck this up :rolleyes:
DS

I just like to be comfortable and hate being cramped. If we're gonna get rain, it'd be nice to have space to hang stuff to dry and so on. From what I've seen of your hunting camps, DS - I'd say you like having your stuff, too! ;)

...just ribbing ya buddy. ;)

Yeah...I like having my stuff......but not this go round. Just the essentials. Packframes are a must as well as your rifle and personal gear....but no frills on this one....just won't be any room. We can buy pretty much whatever we need extra at Fairbanks...they have a super walmart ;)
DS

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back