Caribou Gear Tarp

15 thousand turn out for rally

Southwind

15,000 hunters show up to protest more restrictive hunting laws in the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen. Germany

Pretty impressive, a sea of orange protesting transfer or sale of federal lands here of this magnitude or greater would send a message.

german%20hunters%20protest_zpswhnkhln0.jpg

german%20hunt%20rally%202_zpshrjljabg.jpg

german%20hunt%20rally%203_zpslbvrgsyc.jpg

Last edited:
That's the kind of message that needs to be sent on the transfer idea...trouble is, everybody is too busy.

Hunters just don't show up, even for their own good.

The final season setting meeting in Laramie had an impressive hunter turn-out last week...14 in a town of 30K. I think hunters did outnumber the GF staff at the meeting by 4.

That's the kind of message that needs to be sent on the transfer idea...trouble is, everybody is too busy.

Hunters just don't show up, even for their own good.

The final season setting meeting in Laramie had an impressive hunter turn-out last week...14 in a town of 30K. I think hunters did outnumber the GF staff at the meeting by 4.

You are 100% correct. However, logistically it's good to remember that Germany has over 81 million people in an area 85% the size of California. D.C. is a long way. Worth it? Yes, but we'd need a real unifying organization to pull it off and it would be nice if the lunatic fringe would go but stand down.

I would have liked to of been running the hunting horn sales booth.

Seriously I think you are right Buzz. That is an impressive sight and that much blaze orange would turn some Politian's heads you would think.

You have no idea how much I wish that hunters in the U.S. would show up for a common cause like that.

Follow it up with an election throwing some of the bums out that didn't listen...

It's not that most hunters wouldn't show up, it's that the majority have job commitments and getting time off for some don't pay the bills.
I would love to make all these sportsmans rally's but they never jive with my work schedule and getting time off.

I remember over 10 years ago in excess of 400,000 hunting,fishing and other like minded people, including me, traveled up to London in the UK to protest against a proposed ban against fox/deer hunting with hounds.
I had no interest in fox hunting with hounds, but i could see if it was brought in it would be the tip of the iceberg and start the gradual erosion of all our field sports, after all what would the anti's do then?
Well it made no difference, they banned it, politically motivated, just like our handgun ban.

However, the fox/deer hunters got around the ban, they now do drag hunting, pulling a scented bag around for the hounds to follow, and whoops, sometimes a fox gets mistaken for a scented bag, what do the police do? nothing, they have more pressing matters.

So sadly i think protest marches in my experience have little effect.

Cheers

Richard

Back