zen rays or vortex binos

mixedbag

Looking to upgrade my binos a little.Just curious as to what you guys ahve been using.Not looking to spend a ton of $$.Mainly be used for antelope and mule deer hunting.Figuring on a 10x40 but if you may think an 8x is better let me hear it
thanks

Another bino you may want to look at in that same price range is Meopta Meo-Star, I just got a pair of 10 x 50's and they are fantastic. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three, only a matter of what fits your eyes the best.

Mixed Bag,
I've had both 8 and 10x binos and for spotting game the 10x is superior

For IDing buck or doe on a blacktail moving through the brush the lower power may be an advantage.

I haven't used the Zen Rays or Meopta, but my sons both have Vortex Diamondbacks which I compared to my Nikon ATBs. They both really like their Vortex binos, I was impressed and bought Vortex Vipers, which I'm very happy with. I'd recommend the 10 power binos in whatever you get.

No complaints on my Zen Rays but check out the Theron brand that Schmalts pimps. I hear good things.

ZR is releasing the prime hd in may and if you pre order I believe its a 25% discount. Its a step up from the ED3's.

I hear nothing but good thinks about the ZR, probably my next pair to purchase for my wife/back-up.

I love upgrading my equipment by buying my wife hunting gear that she'll never use. By far the best way to have a new purchase approved. One of my wedding gifts to her was my GPS, for her "peace of mind".

Binos

I have a pair of Vortex Diamondback 10x42 binos that I bought before last season. Paid about $289 for them, but I think they are well worth it. Great optics and a company that stands behind their product (just check out the warranty). My buddy bought a pair after using mine and he likes them too. I have never tried the other makes/models mentioned but I really am pleased with my Vortex.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back