Zeiss or Swarovski spotting scope?

ashersdad

So my wife says I can get a spotting scope for my birthday next month. I am partial to Zeiss (have binos and rifle scopes) but have only ever used Swarovski spotters that family members have. Anybody have a preference and why? Thanks for any info.

I haven't had the opportunity to look through a Zeiss but my youngest brother has a Swarovski and they are the dang nice. I would think you couldn't go wrong with any of the top end spotters on the market.

Depends who you talk to... IDBugler will say Sworo's and Browtine will say Zeiss :) I own some Swaro's but the zeiss are great too. You won't go wrong on either choice.

They are both very nice and you'd be happy with either. Personally I think the Sworo's and Leica are just a little ahead of the Zeiss in clarity and light gathering.

Personally I think the Sworo's and Leica are just a little ahead of the Zeiss in clarity and light gathering.

You know how your mom used to say "Wait till dad comes home ? I'm gonig to say "Wait till Browtine hears this" :)

Haha, B-tine will get the school-yard-choke and he knows its......

Shiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... Bring it white man. I'll whoop you like i did last time..

Obviously Zeiss spotters are hands down #1 (obviously :) )
Sad part is I truely think my zeiss is better then the 80HD and leica. Just my 2 cents.

One thing tho.. you know your not going wrong when you look at spending money on the top three. (Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss) Just buy the one you like the best and know you have a solid spotter.

I do think my leica Bino's are better then Swaro's too. Man, im an oppinionated SOB.

Moosie, how much to "nacho" this 402 guy?!?!?!? :eek: :D hump

nah, its actually me in a big ass cape dropping in on you from the top rope. Leaves most victims paralized.

I've never used either brand, I have been extremely happy with my Nikon Optics.
I know there are alot of believers in the "High End" optics so it looks like I just may have to break down, break open the piggy bank and try Swaro's, Leicas or Zeiss

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to compare for the next couple weeks and make my decision. I'll let you all know which I choose. Thanks again.

Back