Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Scope recommendations for Christiansen Ridgeline 300 PRC

jpcoll01

Cabela’s was clearing out their stock of Ridgelines so I picked one up for $1599 today. Will be running suppressed and looking to get a 3-18ish size scope. Looks like Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss, Leopold all have options in approx same price range. Really liking the look of the Leica Amplus 6 but have absolutely no experience with them. Up to this point have only used Nikon (no longer in the business) and Vortex. I’m not against Vortex I’ve had good luck with a viper on my 6.5 PRC. I want an MOA scope with dial elevation and no real preference on capped or not for windage. Thoughts?

Swaro Z5 3.5-18. I’d put one on every gun I own if I could afford it. I don’t dial though I just get to a reasonable hunting range to shoot something like everyone should.
Looks like a nice scope, I will dig into which model exactly for dial elevation in MOA.

I have the same rifle, started with a NF NXS 5.5-22x but have since pulled that off and put a Zeiss V4 4-16x on it.

The NF is great, but too heavy. The Zeiss is perfect for that rifle. Pretty light, great glass, consistent tracking, everything I need.

The Swaro Z5 (or 6 if your pockets allow) in the 3x18 would be my choice. A Z6 in that range is what I want to put on the Seekins I am eagerly awaiting. Absolutely zero wrong with the Leica or Zeiss scopes either, just personal taste as to how the coating and features suit you. All three of them are in a class above. I put a Z5 in a guys hand right after he looked through a Leupold the other night. He THOUGHT he was going buy the Leupold prior....he literally exclaimed "F*&k, now I have to save a few more bucks!" ;)

If you can get some where to look through them all in similar conditions that is the best bet. Different sets of eyes can sometimes have different "likes" in optics.

I’ve had my leupolds lose zero more than any other scope I’ve owned including vortex. I’ve seen it time and time again, I don’t trust them. I would go vortex before I go leupold.
Funny story on this. My dad has a VX3 that I had dead on the nuts. He missed a really big muley at 225 yards twice. I took it back to sight in again, didn’t even hit the target. No clue what happened.

My CA Ridgeline 24” in 308 currently wears a Leupold VX3 3.5-10 With an MOA turret. I have no doubt this will do what I need out to 600 yards and then some.

Having said that, I REALY want the Swaro Z5 turret. I just cannot decide if I want the 2.5-12x50 or the 3.5-18x44. I have the 2.5-12 on my Rem AWR 7mm SAUM…and it’s nothing short of amazing. As much as I want the 18x power…in my local woods the 2.5 is a much greater benefit.

In either case, I want the 1“ tube. The Ridgeline is a lightweight rifle as is the AWR. I don’t want to over-weight the scope and the 2.5-12x50 is on the margin, if I’m being honest.

Anyone have experience with the Leica. I’m not sure why but I am liking the looks of them. Wish I had somewhere close to look at them all.

I have the same rifle, started with a NF NXS 5.5-22x but have since pulled that off and put a Zeiss V4 4-16x on it.

The NF is great, but too heavy. The Zeiss is perfect for that rifle. Pretty light, great glass, consistent tracking, everything I need.
^^^This is good advice. Another good option not mentioned is a Trijicon Tenmile.

I’ve had my leupolds lose zero more than any other scope I’ve owned including vortex. I’ve seen it time and time again, I don’t trust them. I would go vortex before I go leupold.
Blastfimy! Maybe you haven't read the news. Vortex is the pits. Just to find out myself I bought one. Now I'm thinking about another! :)

Warne Steel Maxima Bases
Warne Mountain Tech Low Rings
Leupold 2.5x8 VX 3 Matte scope

Back