Yukon Dream fulfilled, in pictures.

A few other pics. The cabin was very modest, slightly crowded with five people, yet very functional and greatly appreciated when compared to a tent in the rain.Marcus Hockett Yukon-11.jpg

I've been to some of the best star gazing landscape on the continent. A clear October night in the Yukon is as good as any I've experienced. I could post dozens of these northern lights shots showing different colors and hues every hour.
Marcus Hockett Yukon-3.jpg

I'm still not sure how we did it, but somehow we got all of this, plus our gear, and three guys in a Ford Raptor with a GoFastCamper shell. The caribou racks didn't fit and got to ride on top for the 35 hour trip home.
Marcus Hockett Yukon-29.jpgMarcus Hockett Yukon-44.jpg

Marcus Hockett Yukon-43.jpg

The Argos were an absolute essential to hunt this area. There is one road. No real airstrips and helicopters are not allowed in the Yukon. So, Argos it is. I'd never ridden one. Impressive machines. Michael got to ride in the cargo bin for all those days. He built a nest back there and by the second day, I think he had developed a system that was more comfortable than riding in the front seat. The experienced users even know how to use them a glassing platform.
YT Moose-11.jpg
Marcus Hockett Yukon-42.jpg
DSC07344.jpg

Some might wonder why I find this picture such a good summary. It is two camera guys doing what they love and doing a great job of it. Michael taking images of Marcus while Marcus is taking images of two very happy guys, me and Grant. Add in a great moose, a stunning backdrop, and this picture probably summarizes this adventures more than I can write. There is at least one guy in that picture who feels that life has dealt him a royal flush, every day, in every way, and all he has to do is keep his hands on the wheel and screw it up.

DSC09447.jpg

Having multiple people along dedicated to photo/video documenting the adventure should create an amazing visual feast when in such country. As usual, the FreshTracks crew delivers the goods and then some.

Congratulations to all

I can only imagine the "saddle sore" feeling of 35 hours straight in a tightly packed Raptor.

Congrats! Hope you didn’t miss with the 410. Not sure what prices are like in the states but Canada I have seen boxes advertised as high as $65 a box it’s crazy and hard to find

What a great hunt! I love travelling to wild places with good friends and family.

Congrats on a couple fine animals!!! Love those awesome pictures and brief but thorough storytelling . I'll probably never make it up there to hunt but can dream about it through story's like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back