Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Your Preset In Reach Messages

Do y'all notice better success in sending preset messages over regular text messages? Here in the pine thickets of GA, it's hit or miss with getting messages to go through. Wondering if using presets would be better.

Hell I can't even remember. I know I was using the quick messages all spring thinking they were the free preset messages. I just thought I was getting a great deal because there was like 20 of them. Luckily it's not THAT expensive.

I have mine that also say if you see this multiple times…….

so if they see the same message in the same spot more than once it means the alternate. An example being “found elk, if you see this multiple times in the same spot the elk is down”. So we know if it’s a sighing or a shooting. Same thing for needing help. Help or a need to meet up may not be an emergency. If my phone dies or is broken, I want to make sure my preset messages will get me what I need. I’ve also had it where it’s raining and I can’t use my touch screen no matter how hard I try to curl into a ball and dry it off.

I just pay for the unlimited messages. It's used one or two times a year after all. On day 9 or 10 when I'm mentally worn down, my wife is sometimes the one kicking my ass and telling me to keep after it!
I change my account to unlimited for 3 months in the Fall and then back to presets after that. Easier for me to relax and enjoy the hunt when I know things at home and work are not falling apart.

Mine are:

1 - Getting started for the day. (Going to delete this one, either it is too early or I forget to send it. Really redundant with #2 anyway)

2 - Just checking in, everything is okay. (This is pretty much all I use now)

3 - Back at camp for the night. (Again, redundant with #2 and I forget to send it sometimes so it is almost worse than if I just didn’t have it).

If I shoot something or anything exciting happens I just send a text. I do the safety plan and rarely use my 10 free messages.

Mine are pretty much the same. And for 10 cents I agree I can send more detailed messages if needed for any reason. These ones I send throughout each day to let my wife know I am ok

Last edited:
THAT could sure cause a WTF moment with the wrong “send to” option 🤣
I have a pretty short list of folks who get inReach messages. They’d laugh their asses off.

Back